Oreo Dump Cake – The EASIEST chocolate cake recipe ever! Made by combining chocolate fudge cake mix, butter, oreos, sweetened condensed milk, and cool whip and baking until warm and gooey. So easy and delicious!
Oreo Dump Cake
I’m a sucker for just about anything made with oreos (or cookies and cream cookies). This cake hits the nail on the head by having that flavor in every bite with chunks of oreos baked right into it! I’ve made it so many times for various parties and events and every time, it’s a huge hit. Even the cake itself has some of that flavor from the layers of chocolate cake mix, sweetened condensed milk, and cool whip. It can easily be made ahead of time and warmed right before serving.
Common Questions About Making an Oreo Dump Cake
What is an oreo dump cake?
Oreo dump cake is an easy dessert made by combining chocolate mix cake, butter, oreos, whipped topping, and sweetened condensed milk in a pan. It is then baked and served warm.
How many servings does this recipe make?
This recipe makes about 8 servings.
How long does this cake last?
This dump cake lasts up to three days when covered with plastic wrap and stored in the refrigerator. I suggest popping it in the oven to warm up for a few minutes before serving as it is best served warm.
What kind of cake mix should I use?
I like to use a chocolate fudge cake mix but any variety of chocolate cake mix will work.
What can I serve an oreo dump cake with?
What other types of dump cake can I make?
Some of my favorite dump cakes include –
- Chocolate Dump Cake
- Pineapple Dump Cake
- Cherry Dump Cake
- Peach Dump Cake
- Pumpkin Dump Cake
- Caramel Apple Dump Cake
Looking for more chocolate dessert recipes? Check these out!
- Death by Chocolate Poke Cake
- Chocolate Lasagna
- Slutty Brownies (Cookie Dough Oreo Brownies)
- Brownie Pie
- 20 Oreos (plus more for garnish, if desired)
- 1 (14 ounce) can sweetened condensed milk
- 1 (8 ounce) tub cool whip
- 1 (15.25 ounce) package chocolate fudge cake mix
- 1/2 cup butter, sliced into thin pieces
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F and lightly grease a 9x13" baking dish.
- Arrange the oreos in the bottom of the prepared dish.
- Pour the sweetened condensed milk evenly over the cookies.
- Spread the cool whip over the top of the cookies and condensed milk.
- Sprinkle the cake mix evenly over the cool whip.
- Place the butter pieces evenly over the cake mix.
- Bake in the preheated oven 40-45 minutes.
- Allow to cool 10 minutes before serving with extra pieces of oreo (optional).
Make sure to follow along on Pinterest for more Mildly Meandering recipes!
Check out the web story for this recipe by clicking HERE.