Crock Pot Turtle Candy – An easy homemade candy recipe that is great for the holidays! Loaded with chocolate, pecans, and caramel and made in a crock pot, these turtle candies are sure to be a hit!
Crock Pot Turtle Candy
Get ready for the easiest candy recipe ever! I always made a few bark recipes and no bake dessert to add to my holiday cookie boxes because they are easy and tasty. One of my favorites are these turtle candies. I make them in the crock pot because it’s simple and I can pretty much forget about it while the chocolates are melting together. Then you scoop them out, add caramels, and then let them firm. That’s it!
Common Questions About Making Crock Pot Turtle Candy
What is turtle candy?
Turtle candies are a sweet made by melting chocolate with pecans and then scooping it onto a sheet pan. Caramels are then placed on top and then covered with additional chocolate. The pans are then transferred to the fridge to set before serving.
Can I make this without a crock pot?
Yes! You could also microwave the chocolates until melted (in 30 second intervals, stirring between each interval) or you could melt them over the stove-top in a saucepan. Once the chocolate is melted, the pecans can then be stirred in.
How can I decorate turtles?
I chose to melt additional dark chocolate and drizzle it on top but you could also sprinkle festive sprinkles on top if you are making them for a holiday or you could place a whole pecan on top of each.
What kind of chocolate should I use?
I used bars of high quality milk chocolate, white chocolate, and dark chocolate in this recipe but you could also use chips. I suggest using higher quality chocolate in this since it will impact the taste since it is such a chocolate-forward dessert.
What should I do if the chocolate is spreading too much?
If the chocolate is spreading too much then you can wait for it to cool slightly before using or use mini muffin liners to contain it.
How many servings does this recipe make?
This recipe makes about 40-45 turtles.
Looking for more easy holiday dessert recipes? Check these out!
- 2 cups chopped pecans
- 1 pound milk chocolate
- 8 ounces dark chocolate
- 6 ounces white chocolate
- 40-45 soft caramels (unwrapped)
- Place pecans along the bottom of a crock pot, then layer the chocolates on top.
- Place the lid on and set the crock pot to LOW for 1 hour.
- Remove the lid, being careful not to drip any of the moisture that may have accumulated on the lid. Stir melted chocolates and pecans until smooth.
- Place 1 tablespoon of chocolate on a baking sheet lined with parchment paper, place an unwrapped caramel on top, then add an additional 1/2-1 tablespoon of the chocolate mixture on top to cover the caramel.
- Allow to set in the fridge until firm, enjoy at room temperature.
Follow along on Pinterest for even more recipes!
Check out the web story for this recipe by clicking HERE.