No Churn Cookies and Cream Ice Cream – The easiest oreo ice cream recipe ever! Made with just 4 simple ingredients, this ice cream tastes so good!
Cookies and Cream Ice Cream
I love oreos. Whether they are in fudge, cheesecakes, or in a milkshake, they are always a delicious dessert! One of my favorite uses for oreos is in homemade ice cream! Cookies and cream ice cream is the perfect no bake dessert for summer with a vanilla ice cream base filled with loads of oreos mixed in.
Make sure to leave yourself enough time before you plan on serving it, I like to make it a day ahead and let it freeze overnight so that no one ends up with a bowl of ice cream that didn’t set correctly. The only other major pitfall is just make sure that you are using sweetened condensed milk, not evaporated milk! Seriously, evaporated milk will not work and this is a common mistake people make when making homemade ice cream. Apart from that, this is such an easy recipe to make!
Make sure to check out my 40+ best ice cream recipes post for all of the very best ice cream recipes!
Common Questions About Making Cookies and Cream Ice Cream
What is cookies and cream ice cream?
Cookies and cream ice cream is a simple no bake, frozen dessert made with just 4 ingredients – heavy whipping cream, sweetened condensed milk, vanilla extract, and crushed oreos.
What is the difference between oreo ice cream and cookies and cream ice cream?
They are the same!
Can I use golden oreos?
Of course! This would be such a great ice cream with golden oreos instead of chocolate oreos.
What does no churn mean?
No churn means that you don’t use a dedicated ice cream maker and that the recipe likely doesn’t contain eggs. It’s an easier process for a home cook to master and be able to make without getting special equipment.
What other types of ice cream can I make?
There are so many different types of homemade ice cream to make! Some of my favorites include –
- Vanilla Bean Ice Cream
- Chocolate Ice Cream
- Green Tea Ice Cream
- Coffee Ice Cream
- Lavender Earl Grey Ice Cream
- Mocha Ice Cream
- Rocky Road Ice Cream
What can I top cookies and cream ice cream with?
Some of my favorite ice cream toppings are –
What else can I make with oreos?
Oreos can be used in so many awesome recipes! Some of the very best ways to use them are –
- 2 cups heavy whipping cream
- 1 can sweetened condensed milk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 cups crushed oreos
- Add the heavy whipping cream to the bowl of a stand mixer fitted with the whisk attachment. Beat on medium-high speed for 2-3 minutes, or until the cream forms stiff peaks.
- Add the sweetened condensed milk and vanilla extract and fold them together gently.
- Once all of the sweetened condensed milk has been incorporated, add the oreos and fold them in.
- Transfer the mixture to a loaf pan or a silicone ice cream tub and wrap it with plastic wrap or place it in an airtight freezer bag. Place the ice cream in the freezer overnight (or at least 12 hours).
- When the ice cream is hardened, serve.
Never miss a Mildly Meandering recipe
Check out the web story for this recipe by clicking HERE.