Caramel Apple Dump Cake – The EASIEST fall cake recipe ever! Made by layering apple pie filling, cinnamon, caramel candies, cake mix, butter, and pecans and baking until warm and gooey. So easy and delicious!
Caramel Apple Dump Cake
This cake is ADDICTING! I’ve made it so many times for various parties and events and every time, it’s a huge hit. What’s not to love – it’s apple pie filling and melted caramels topped with a struesel-like topping made from cake mix, butter, and pecans. It can easily be made ahead of time and warmed right before serving.
Common Questions About Making a Caramel Apple Dump Cake
What is a caramel apple dump cake?
A caramel apple dump cake is a simple dessert made by layering apple pie filling, caramel candies, cake mix, and butter in a pan and baking it. It is a dessert best served warm.
How many servings does this recipe make?
This recipe makes about 8 servings.
How long does this recipe last?
This dump cake lasts up to three days when covered with plastic wrap and stored in the refrigerator. I suggest popping it in the oven to warm up for a few minutes before serving as it is best served warm.
What kind of cake mix should I use?
I like to use yellow cake mix but white, vanilla, or even spice would also work.
What can I serve a caramel apple dump cake with?
I love serving it with a scoop of vanilla ice cream and caramel sauce.
What other types of dump cake can I make?
Some of my favorite dump cakes include –
Looking for more fall dessert recipes? Check these out!
- 2 cans (20 ounces) apple pie filling
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 20 soft caramels, unwrapped
- 1 box (15.25 ounces) yellow cake mix
- 1/2 cup chopped pecans (optional)
- 3/4 cup melted butter
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F and lightly grease a 9"x13" baking dish.
- Spread both cans of apple pie filling evenly in the bottom of a 9"x13" baking pan and sprinkle cinnamon over top.
- Push the caramels into the apple filling evenly along the surface of the pan.
- Sprinkle the cake mix evenly over the apple filling followed by the pecans.
- Drizzle butter over the top, making sure to cover most of the cake mix.
- Bake in the preheated oven for 50-60 minutes, or until golden brown and filling is bubbling.
- Serve warm with vanilla ice cream and caramel sauce.
Never miss a Mildly Meandering recipe
Check out the web story for this recipe by clicking HERE.