Pumpkin Dump Cake – The EASIEST fall cake recipe ever! Made by making a simple pumpkin filling and topping it with boxed cake mix, pecans, toffee, and butter and then baking until warm and gooey. So easy and delicious!
Pumpkin Dump Cake
I am so excited to be sharing my pumpkin dump cake recipe today! Dump cakes have become a go-to dessert at my house because of how easy they are to make. With just a few simple ingredients, you can make a cake that tastes like fall! It may not be the prettiest dessert but trust me, it is just as delicious.
Common Questions About Making Pumpkin Dump Cake
What is a pumpkin dump cake?
Pumpkin dump cake is a simple dessert made by combining a few simple ingredients (pumpkin puree, evaporated milk, eggs, brown sugar, pumpkin pie spice, and salt) and then transferring the mixture to a pan. It is then topped with yellow cake mix, pecans, butter, and toffee bits before being baked.
How many servings does this recipe make?
This recipe makes about 8 servings.
What kind of cake mix should I use?
I like to use yellow cake mix but white, vanilla, or even spice would also work.
How long does dump cake last?
This dump cake lasts up to three days when covered with plastic wrap and stored in the refrigerator. I suggest popping it in the oven to warm up for a few minutes before serving as it is best served warm.
What other types of dump cake can I make?
Some of my favorite dump cakes include –
What can I serve with a pumpkin dump cake?
Looking for more pumpkin dessert recipes? Check these out!
- 1 (30 ounce) can pumpkin puree
- 1 (12 ounce) can evaporated milk
- 4 large eggs
- 3/4 cup brown sugar
- 2 teaspoons pumpkin pie spice
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 (15.25 ounce) package yellow cake mix
- 1/2 cup pecans (optional)
- 1/2 cup toffee bits (optional)
- 3/4 cup melted butter
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F and lightly grease a 9"x13" baking dish. Set aside.
- In a large mixing bowl, beat together the pumpkin puree, evaporated milk, eggs, brown sugar, pumpkin pie spice, and salt until well combined.
- Pour pumpkin mixture into the prepared baking dish.
- Sprinkle the cake mix evenly on top, followed by the pecans and the toffee bits.
- Drizzle the melted butter evenly over the top, covering as much of the cake mix as possible.
- Bake in the preheated oven for 50-60 minutes, or until the top is gold brown and the filling is bubbly.
- Serve warm with some ice cream and caramel (if desired).
Never miss a Mildly Meandering recipe
Check out the web story for this recipe by clicking HERE.