White Chocolate Macadamia Nut Cookies – Delicious cookies jam-packed with white chocolate chips and chopped macadamia nuts. Easy to make and so good!
White Chocolate Macadamia Nut Cookies
I fell in love with white chocolate macadamia nut cookies when I discovered the joy of Subway’s version of the cookie. I know, Subway isn’t exactly known for being a bakery but holy cow, their cookies are delicious! Since then, I have been hard at work trying to make an even better version of the cookies at home and I am so excited to be sharing this recipe because it is perfect!
These are nice, soft cookies that are filled with so much white chocolate chips and macadamia nuts. They are super easy to make and perfect as a simple dessert recipe any day of the week but I also plan on adding these cookies to my holiday cookie tray later this year. The recipe makes about 18 cookies but you can always double it if you want more.
Common Questions About Making White Chocolate Macadamia Nut Cookies
What are white chocolate macadamia nut cookies?
White chocolate macadamia nut cookies are a cookie with a simple cookie base filled with white chocolate chips and chopped macadamia nuts.
What are macadamia nuts?
Macadamia nuts are a tree nut native to Australia.
What kind of chocolate should I use?
I used white chocolate chips but you could use white chocolate chunks, chocolate chips, chopped chocolate, etc.
How many cookies does this recipe make?
This recipe makes 18 cookies.
Why are macadamia nuts so expensive?
They just don’t produce a ton of nuts and have to be harvested by hand. The good thing is that this recipe only calls for 1/2 cup so you don’t need a ton of them.
Looking for more cookies recipes? Check these out!
- Dark Chocolate Hazelnut Cookies
- Brownie Cookies
- Lemon Shortbread Cookies
- Peanut Butter Cup Cookies
- Brown Butter Peanut Butter Cookies
- 8 tablespoons butter (softened)
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 1 egg
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 3/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 cup white chocolate chips
- 1/2 cup macadamia nuts (chopped)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F and line two baking sheets with parchment paper.
- Add the softened butter and granulated sugar to the bowl of a stand mixer fitted with the paddle attachment. Cream the butter and sugar together until they are light and fluffy - about 2 minutes on medium speed.
- Scrape down the sides of the bowl and add the egg and vanilla extract. Mix to combine.
- Add the flour and baking soda, mixing until all of the dry ingredients are incorporated. You don't want to overmix.
- Add the white chocolate chips and macadamia nuts and fold them into the cookie dough gently.
- Scoop the dough into 2 tablespoon sized balls and place them at least 2" apart on the parchment lined baking sheet.
- Bake for 10-12 minutes or until the edges are starting to turn golden brown.
- Allow the cookies to cool completely before transferring them to an airtight container. Store at room temperature for up to five days.
Never miss a Mildly Meandering recipe
Check out the web story for this recipe by clicking HERE.