Chocolate Cake Truffles – A delcious treat made with just 3 simple ingredients – boxed chocolate cake mix, chocolate, and cream cheese! Perfect for any holiday or party!
Chocolate Cake Truffles
Chocolate cake is the best! One of the only things that might be even better is these chocolate cake truffles! Now it may sound silly to turn chocolate cake into truffles but hear me out, these truffles are incredible! I used a box of triple chocolate fudge cake (the same one that I turned into cake mix cookies HERE) and baked it according to the instructions before crumbling it up and blending it with cream cheese. Then, I rolled out little truffles and covered them with chocolate. It’s a super easy treat that can be made ahead of time for a party.
Now you can really use any box of chocolate cake mix with any additional flavors in it such as german chocolate, chocolate fudge, etc. You can also use your own chocolate cake recipe instead.
Common Questions About Making Chocolate Cake Truffles
Can I use white chocolate instead of chocolate?
You sure can! You could also drizzle them with white chocolate like I did for the pictures.
How should I decorate these truffles?
I used white chocolate that I melted and drizzled it on top of the truffles but you could also use sprinkles or just drizzle chocolate on top of the truffles instead.
Can I freeze the truffles?
Yes, freezing the truffles until you are ready to serve them works great.
What should I do if my truffle filling isn’t forming together?
If your truffles filling (chocolate cake and cream cheese) is loose and isn’t forming into balls, try adding a bit more cream cheese and blending again. That helps them form together more.
Looking for more truffle recipes? Check these out!
- Snickerdoodle Cookie Balls
- Fluffernutter Truffles
- Red Velvet Cake Truffles
- Nutter Butter Truffles
- Gingerbread Cookie Truffles
- Sugar Cookie Truffles
- Mocha Truffles
- Golden Oreo Truffles
- Eggnog Cookie Truffles
- 1 box of chocolate cake mix (cooked according to the instructions on the box)
- 8 ounces cream cheese (softened)
- 16 ounces chocolate chip morsels
- In a food processor, blend cooked and cooled chocolate cake until it becomes crumbs. Add in cream cheese and process again until they are fully combined.
- Using a 1" cookie scoop, roll out truffles into balls and place on a sheet pan lined with parchment paper. Repeat until all of the mixture has been used up.
- Place sheet pan in freezer for at least 30 minutes.
- Once the truffles have finished firming up in the freezer, place chocolate in a microwave safe bowl and heat until melted.
- Roll each truffle in chocolate until fully coated and then transfer back to the lined sheet pan. Freeze or refrigerate until ready to serve.