Chocolate Lasagna – A luscious dessert made with layers of oreo cookie crust, cheesecake filling, creamy chocolate pudding, and whipped topping. The perfect dessert for parties!
This chocolate lasagna is pretty much the best dessert ever! What’s not to love about having a layered dessert loaded with an oreo crust, cheesecake filling, chocolate pudding, whipped topping, and even more crushed oreos on top?! I was inspired to make this after making a lemon lush a few weeks ago and it being a huge hit. Not only did I think it was delicious but you guys did too! I think this would be a great dessert to make for all of the summer holidays and potlucks coming up because it makes a pretty large batch with about 12 servings and it can be made ahead of time so that you don’t have to be spending time in the kitchen right before your event.
Common Questions About Making Chocolate Lasagna
What is chocolate lasagna?
A chocolate lasagna is a chilled dessert that is made by layering an oreo crust, cheesecake filling, chocolate pudding layer, and whipped topping.
How many servings does this recipe make?
This recipe makes about 12 servings.
How long does a chocolate lasagna last?
If you cover and refrigerate it, it should last up to three days.
Why is it called chocolate lasagna?
It’s called chocolate lasagna because it is a layered dessert made in a 9×13 pan. That’s the only thing is has in common with lasagna! Alternatively, it is sometimes called a chocolate lush.
How can I decorate a chocolate lasagna?
I like to sprinkle crushed oreos and mini chocolate chips on top but you could also drizzle chocolate sauce, shaved chocolate, or your favorite chocolate bar (crushed) on top.
Looking for more easy chocolate dessert recipes? Check these out!
For the Crust
- 24 oreos
- 1/3 cup melted
For the Cheesecake Filling
- 16 ounces cream cheese, softened to room temperature
- 1/2 cup powdered sugar
- 8 ounces cool whip
For the Chocolate Layer
- 2 (4 ounce) packages instant chocolate pudding
- 3 cups whole milk*
For the Topping
- 8 ounces cool whip
- Crushed oreos and mini chocolate chips (optional)
- Combine the oreos and butter in a food processor and pulse until only fine crumbs remain. Press into the bottom of a 9x13" baking dish and then set aside.
- In the bowl of a stand mixer fitted with the paddle attachment, beat the cream cheese until smooth and fluffy before mixing in the powdered sugar. Gently fold in the cool whip and then spread it on top of the crust in the pan.
- In a medium mixing bowl, mix the pudding mixes and milk together until well combined and then allow to sit and thicken for 2-3 minutes. Once thickened, spread on top of the cheesecake layer.
- Spread the cool whip on top of the pudding layer.
- Cover and chill in the fridge for at least 4 hours. Garnish with crushed oreos and mini chocolate chips (optional) and serve.
* Please stick to using 2% or whole milk, the pudding will not thicken otherwise.
Make sure to follow along on Pinterest for more Mildly Meandering recipes!
Check out the web story for this recipe by clicking HERE.