Brownie Pie – The perfect combination of two favorite desserts! Ooey gooey brownie batter baked in a pie crust until golden brown. Great served with ice cream!
This brownie pie is absolutely delicious! You may know that I am a huge fan of both brownies and pies so combining the two is naturally something that I fully support. It’s a great alternative to making brownies and there is just something about biting into a big bite of the brownie filling that is just so satisfying. With a crisp outside and a soft and gooey inside, it is a great mix of textures and flavors.
Common Questions About Making a Brownie Pie
What is a brownie pie?
A brownie pie is a cross between the two desserts made by filling a pie crust with brownie batter and then baking it.
How many servings does this recipe make?
This recipe makes 1 pie which is about 8 servings.
How long does a brownie pie last?
This pie lasts 3-5 days when covered.
Should I serve it warm or cold?
I like to serve it warm with ice cream but either way is delicious. I just pop it in an oven set to 350 degrees F for a few minutes before serving it to warm it back up.
What can I serve with a brownie pie?
What other variations on a brownie can I make?
Some of my favorite variations on a classic brownie include –
Should I use homemade crust or pre-made?
Either! This time, I used a pre-made crust but my homemade butter pie crust recipe would work just as well.
Looking for more chocolate dessert recipes? Check these out!
- 1 (9") pie crust, pre-made or homemade
- 2/3 cup butter, melted
- 3/4 cup granulated sugar
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 3 eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2/3 cup cocoa powder
- 3/4 all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 1/2 cups chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees F.
- Line the inside of the pie pan with parchment paper, then add pie weights and bake the pie shell for 15 minutes.
- Remove pie shell from oven and carefully remove the weights and parchment. Allow to cool on a wire rack and drop the oven temperature to 350 degrees F.
- Prepare the brownie filling by stirring together the melted butter, sugar, and brown sugar.
- Mix in the eggs and vanilla extract, followed by the cocoa powder, flour, and salt.
- Fold in the chocolate chips and then transfer to the prepared pie shell (it can still be warm).
- Bake in the preheated oven for 30-35 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean.
- Allow to cool before slicing and serving with ice cream (optional).
Make sure to follow along on Pinterest for more Mildly Meandering recipes!
Check out the web story for this recipe by clicking HERE.