Pineapple Dump Cake – The EASIEST 5 ingredient cake recipe ever! Made by dumping pineapple tidbits, crushed pineapple, brown sugar, boxed cake mix, and butter into a pan and then baking until warm and gooey. So easy and delicious!
Pineapple Dump Cake
It doesn’t get any easier than a dump cake! In case you’ve never made one before, a dump cake is exactly what it sounds like – a cake where you dump the ingredients into a pan and then bake it. That’s it! In this case, we are making a pineapple dump cake so we are using cans of both pineapple tidbits and crushed pineapple for the base and then topping it with yellow cake mix, brown sugar, and butter which end up combining to make a crumble topping similar to a cobbler. I like to scoop it out and serve it with a bit of vanilla ice cream but regardless, it is a delicious dessert that is perfect for summer.
Common Questions About Making a Pineapple Dump Cake
What is a pineapple dump cake?
A pineapple dump cake is a simple, five ingredient dessert made by combining pineapple tidbits and crushed pineapple in a pan and topping it with yellow cake mix, brown sugar, and butter. It is then baked and served warm.
How many servings does this recipe make?
This recipe makes about 8 servings.
What kind of cake mix should I use?
I like to use yellow cake mix but white, vanilla, or coconut (for a tropical spin) would also work.
How long does dump cake last?
This dump cake lasts up to three days when covered with plastic wrap and stored in the refrigerator. I suggest popping it in the oven to warm up for a few minutes before serving as it is best served warm.
What other types of dump cake can I make?
Some of my favorite dump cakes include –
- Cherry Dump Cake
- Chocolate Dump Cake
- Peach Dump Cake
- Caramel Apple Dump Cake
What can I serve this cake with?
Looking for more easy dessert recipes? Check these out!
- 1 can (20 ounces) crushed pineapple
- 1 can (20 ounces) pineapple tidbits
- 1 box (15.25 ounces) yellow cake mix
- 1/3 cup brown sugar
- 1/2 cup butter (melted)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F and grease a 9"x13" pan.
- Dump both cans of pineapple (including the juices) into the bottom of the pan, mixing to evenly distribute both types of pineapple.
- Add the cake mix in an even layer on top of the pineapple.
- Sprinkle the brown sugar on top, then drizzle the melted butter evenly over the whole cake.
- Bake in the over for 45-50 minutes, or until the top is golden and the filling is bubbly.
- Serve warm with vanilla ice cream.
Never miss a Mildly Meandering recipe
Check out the web story for this recipe by clicking HERE.