Pumpkin Spice Latte Mug Cake – The perfect single-serving dessert that tastes just like a pumpkin spice latte but in cake form! This cake in a mug recipe is a delicious fall treat!
Pumpkin Spice Latte Mug Cake
I am back with another fantastic mug cake! It is the perfect single-serving fall dessert! Ever since making my snickerdoodle mug cake last year, mug cakes have become my “thing”. I knew that being fall, I had to make another a pumpkin version! This was originally just going to be a pumpkin mug cake but then I had a brilliant idea… why not add some coffee to the recipe and make it a Pumpkin Spice Latte Mug Cake!
I made a coffee-infused whipped cream to go on top and it might just be the greatest whipped cream ever! It has just enough coffee in it so that you can taste it with just the right balance of sweetness and creaminess. I’ve been putting the extra on top of fried apples for a snack all week too! I can’t wait to see what else I can put it on top of, I know I will be making it again!
Pumpkin Spice Lattes are one of my favorite treats to get in the fall, they are just so delicious! We don’t have a Starbucks within 2 hours of my house so I go get them from my adorable local coffee shop where they are even better!
Common questions about making mug cakes
How do I make a mug cake?
Making a mug cake is simple. You combine the ingredients such as flour, baking powder, melted butter, milk, sugar, and vanilla and stir until well combined. Pour into a mug and mircowave for 1-2 minutes or until cooked through.
Can you make a cake in a microwave?
You place cake batter in a microwave-safe mug and then place in a microwave for 1-2 minutes.
Tips and tricks on this pumpkin spice latte mug cake
- The whipped cream and toppings are optional, but oh so good!
- Make sure the coffee for the whipped cream is really cold! If it’s not, it will just melt the whipped cream before it even gets on the mug cake!
- Make sure your mug is microwave-safe! This is vital, you do not want to have a mug explode or break!
- Ramekins are the perfect size to make a mug cake in too.
- Feel free to use any type of milk. I usually go for dairy milk or vanilla almond milk.
- Trying to cut out a bit of sugar? You can go down to about 1 tbsp of sugar in the base if you want it a little less sweet.
- Subbing in alternative sweeteners like coconut sugar, honey, or maple syrup works well too!
- Melted coconut oil works as a substitute for butter in this mug cake recipe.
Looking for more mug cake recipes?
- Carrot Cake Mug Cake
- Peanut Butter Mug Cake
- Vanilla Mug Cake
- Caramel Apple Mug Cake
- Coffee Cake Mug Cake
Pumpkin Spice Latte Mug Cake
Pumpkin Spice Latte Mug Cake - The perfect single-serving dessert that tastes just like a pumpkin spice latte but in cake form! This cake in a mug recipe is a delicious fall treat!
Pumpkin Mug Cake
- 1/2 cup flour
- 1/2 cup pumpkin puree
- 2 tbsp milk
- 1 tbsp brown sugar
- 1/4 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/8 tsp nutmeg
- 1/8 tsp ginger
- pinch of cloves
- pinch of salt
Coffee Whipped Cream
- 1/4 cup heavy whipping cream
- 1 tbsp strongly brewed coffee
- 2 tbsp powdered sugar
- caramel sauce
- chopped pecans
In a small bowl, combine all ingredients. Stir until combined with no lumps.
Pour batter into mug and microwave for 1-1:30 minutes or until cooked through.
Top with whipped cream, chopped walnuts, cinnamon, and caramel sauce! (optional)