Slow Cooker Spiced Apple Cider – A homemade favorite hot fall drink with fresh apples, oranges, and a blend of delicious seasonings made in a crock pot!
Slow Cooker Spiced Apple Cider
Making homemade slow cooker spiced apple cider is the best! I always go through so much during the fall whether I am baking with it or even just drinking a glass so making it at home means I can make as much as I want and have a constant supply of it all of the time! I love the fact you can just let it go in the slow cooker with only having to intervene once just to mash the apples a bit. It is so simple to make!
So far, I have used this apple cider to make the Slow Cooker Apple Pie Oatmeal and I am planning on using it in Slow Cooker Pumpkin Butter and Baked Apple Cider Donuts! Basically, I am rolling in fall recipes right now, that all I have been eating recently!
I highly suggest serving it hot with a bit of homemade vanilla whipped cream, a pinch of cinnamon, and a salted caramel drizzle on top!
Tips for slow cooker spiced apple cider recipe
- Add some fresh cranberries in and it’s perfect to serve at a holiday party or Thanksgiving!
- Make sure you have a big enough crock pot! I used a 5 quart and it barely fit so anything smaller will be way to small!
- Use cinnamon sticks if you can, this the perfect recipe to pull them out and use them in!
Slow Cooker Apple Cider
A homemade favorite hot fall drink with fresh apples, oranges, and a blend of delicious spicedmade in a crock pot!
- 8 apples
- 1 orange
- 1 cinnamon stick
- 1/4 tsp cloves
- 1/4 tsp allspice
- 8-10 cups water
- 1/3 cup maple syrup
- Cut apples and orange into quarters. Don't worry about leaving the stems, skins, and core intact, it will get strained out later.
- Combine all ingredients in slow cooker and cook on high for 3-4 hours or on low for 6-8 hours. Leave at least 1/2 inch space from the top of the slow cooker.
- An hour before the apple cider will be done, use a potato masher to mash apples and oranges before letting it finish up cooking.
- Pour apple cider through a fine mesh strainer into a pitcher. Serve hot!
Love apple cider drink recipes?
Make sure to check out these recipes from other bloggers:
Caramel Apple Cider Float from Who Needs A Cape?
Apple Cider Margarita from The Foodie Affair
Hard Apple Bourbon Cocktail from West via Midwest
Caramel Apple Moscow Mule - Snacks and Sips
Tuesday 23rd of November 2021
[…] caramel apple moscow mule is a cocktail made by combining caramel vodka, apple cider, and ginger […]
Slow Cooker Hot Bourbon Caramel Apple Cider - Snacks and Sips
Tuesday 4th of May 2021
[…] It’s super easy to do and you can click HERE for my recipe and instructions on how to do […]
Caramel Apple Spice (Starbucks Copycat) - Snacks and Sips
Tuesday 28th of January 2020
[…] make this recipe, I used my homemade caramel sauce and homemade apple cider recipes. You are completely welcome to use store bought ingredients instead but that’s […]
Pumpkin Spice Cold Brew Coffee - Mildly Meandering
Monday 2nd of October 2017
[…] and SKS Wide Mouth Canning Jars from their website and have been using them for everything from Slow Cooker Spiced Apple Cider to this Pumpkin Spice Cold Brew Coffee! SKS has been around since 1986 with over 6000 different […]