Slow Cooker Spiced Apple Cider – A homemade favorite hot fall drink with fresh apples, oranges, and a blend of delicious seasonings made in a crock pot!
Slow Cooker Spiced Apple Cider
Making homemade slow cooker spiced apple cider is the best! I always go through so much during the fall whether I am baking with it or even just drinking a glass so making it at home means I can make as much as I want and have a constant supply of it all of the time! I love the fact you can just let it go in the slow cooker with only having to intervene once just to mash the apples a bit. It is so simple to make!
So far, I have used this apple cider to make the Slow Cooker Apple Pie Oatmeal and I am planning on using it in Slow Cooker Pumpkin Butter and Baked Apple Cider Donuts! Basically, I am rolling in fall recipes right now, that all I have been eating recently!
I highly suggest serving it hot with a bit of homemade vanilla whipped cream, a pinch of cinnamon, and a salted caramel drizzle on top!
Tips for slow cooker spiced apple cider recipe
- Add some fresh cranberries in and it’s perfect to serve at a holiday party or Thanksgiving!
- Make sure you have a big enough crock pot! I used a 5 quart and it barely fit so anything smaller will be way to small!
- Use cinnamon sticks if you can, this the perfect recipe to pull them out and use them in!
- 8 apples
- 1 orange
- 1 cinnamon stick
- 1/4 tsp cloves
- 1/4 tsp allspice
- 8-10 cups water
- 1/3 cup maple syrup
- Cut apples and orange into quarters. Don't worry about leaving the stems, skins, and core intact, it will get strained out later.
- Combine all ingredients in slow cooker and cook on high for 3-4 hours or on low for 6-8 hours. Leave at least 1/2 inch space from the top of the slow cooker.
- An hour before the apple cider will be done, use a potato masher to mash apples and oranges before letting it finish up cooking.
- Pour apple cider through a fine mesh strainer into a pitcher. Serve hot!
Love apple cider drink recipes?
Make sure to check out these recipes from other bloggers:
Caramel Apple Cider Float from Who Needs A Cape?
Apple Cider Margarita from The Foodie Affair
Hard Apple Bourbon Cocktail from West via Midwest