Vanilla Mug Cake – A quick and easy one minute, single serving dessert! Delicious vanilla bean cake batter microwaved in a mug for just a minute! Perfect topped with vanilla bean ice cream and whipped cream!
Vanilla Mug Cake
Mug cakes are really the best dessert ever. I love how they are single serving desserts that take just minutes to make. Over the past year and a half, I have created all types of easy mug cake recipes from my ever popular Carrot Cake Mug Cake to the fan favorite Peanut Butter Cookie Mug Cake! This vanilla mug cake recipe is actually based off of my very first mug cake recipe, the Snickerdoodle Mug Cake! I tossed out the cinnamon and added some vanilla bean paste and this vanilla cake in a mug turned out absolutely perfect! If you need an easy dessert to make tonight or you just have a craving for a vanilla cake, then this is the perfect dessert to make!
When I am eating this mug cake, I love topping it with a scoop of vanilla ice cream and whipped cream. It makes the whole dessert very indulgent but it tastes amazing! What’s not to love about vanilla cake topped with extra vanilla ice cream!
Common questions about making a mug cake
How do I make a mug cake?
Making a mug cake is simple. You combine the ingredients such as flour, baking powder, melted butter, milk, sugar, and vanilla and stir until well combined. Pour into a mug and mircowave for 1-2 minutes or until cooked through.
Can you make a cake in a microwave?
You place cake batter in a microwave-safe mug and then place in a microwave for 1-2 minutes.
Tips and tricks on this vanilla mug cake recipe
- Don’t have any vanilla bean paste on hand? Sub in vanilla extract!
- Adding vanilla bean ice cream and whipped cream on top is extra delicious and indulgent!
- Make sure your mug is microwave-safe! This is vital, you do not want to have a mug explode or break!
- Ramekins are the perfect size to make a mug cake in too.
- Feel free to use any type of milk. I usually go for dairy milk or vanilla almond milk.
- Trying to cut out a bit of sugar? You can go down to about 1 tbsp of sugar in the base if you want it a little less sweet.
- Subbing in alternative sweeteners like coconut sugar, honey, or maple syrup works well too!
- Melted coconut oil works as a substitute for butter in this mug cake recipe.
Check out the video of this vanilla mug cake recipe!
- 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 2 tbsp granulated sugar
- 1/4 tsp baking powder
- 1/4 cup milk
- 2 tbsp butter
- 1 tsp vanilla bean paste
- In a small bowl, combine all ingredients and stir.
- Pour batter into mug and microwave for 1:30-2 minutes or until cooked through.