Caramel Apple Mug Cake – The perfect single-serving dessert that tastes just like a caramel apple! A sweet apple cake base topped with caramel! This is the ultimate mug cake recipe!
Caramel Apple Mug Cake
I am back with another mug cake! My most popular posts are my Carrot Cake Mug Cake and Peanut Butter Mug Cake but I haven’t made any new ones since last spring! I have a whole bunch more planned for the next few weeks so stay tuned!
For this mug cake, I took the flavors from a fall favorite, caramel apples! I made a batch of my homemade salted caramel sauce to drizzle on the top and filled the batter with fresh apples and applesauce (I actually used the apple butter I whipped up a few weeks back because I had a whole bunch extra) and I was so happy with how it turned out! I highly suggest making homemade whipped cream for the top, it really makes it perfect but if you have some vanilla ice cream on hand, that would be yummy too!
One of my favorite things about mug cakes like this caramel apple mug cake is the fact they are single-serving! It prevents me from eating a whole cake by myself! I make them for lunch on occasion because it is just the perfect amount of food and it only takes minutes to make from start to finish!
Common questions about making mug cakes
How do I make a mug cake?
Making a mug cake from scratch is very easy. You need to combine the ingredients such as flour, baking powder, melted butter, milk, sugar, spices, apple, and vanilla and stir until well combined. Pour into a mug and mircowave for 1-2 minutes or until cooked through.
Can you make a cake in a microwave?
Yes, it is very simple to make a cake in a microwave. You place cake batter in a microwave-safe mug and then place in a microwave for 1-2 minutes.
Other tips and tricks on this caramel apple mug cake recipe
- Want to make your own whipped cream to use on the mug cake? All you need is 1/4 cup heavy whipping cream, 1 tbsp powdered sugar, and 1/4 tsp vanilla extract. Use a hand mixer and whip until there are stiff peaks!
- Looking for a homemade caramel recipe to use on top? Check out my Salted Caramel Sauce recipe!
- Make sure your mug is microwave-safe! This is vital, you do not want to have a mug explode or break!
- Ramekins are the perfect size to make a mug cake in too.
- Feel free to use any type of milk. I usually go for dairy milk or vanilla almond milk.
- Trying to cut out a bit of sugar? You can go down to about 1 tbsp of sugar in the base if you want it a little less sweet.
- Subbing in alternative sweeteners like coconut sugar, honey, or maple syrup works well too!
- Melted coconut oil works as a substitute for butter in this mug cake recipe.
Looking for more easy caramel apple dessert recipes?
- 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/4 cup apple, thinly diced
- 2 tbsp milk
- 1 tbsp brown sugar
- 1 tbsp butter, melted
- 1 tbsp applesauce
- 1/4 tsp baking powder
- 1/4 tsp cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
- dash of ginger
- dash of nutmeg
- In a small bowl, combine all ingredients. Stir until combined with no lumps.
- Pour batter into mug and microwave for 1-1:30 minutes or until cooked through.
- Top with whipped cream, chopped walnuts, and caramel sauce! (optional)
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 309