Chocolate Bundt Cake – A simple homemade bundt cake loaded with cocoa powder and chocolate. Easy to make and so delicious!
Chocolate Bundt Cake
I have another bundt cake recipe for you guys! After how popular my peach bundt cake and chocolate chip bundt cakes were, I wanted to make another version – a chocolate bundt cake. Now this is the perfect dessert for chocolate fans as it is a dense pound cake made with both cocoa powder and chopped chocolate to give it that rich, chocolate-y flavor.
One of my favorite things about bundt cakes is how elegant and beautiful they look from cooking in the bundt pan. I love the variety of different shaped bundt pans to choose from!
Additionally, this recipe makes about 10 servings so it is great for parties or holidays as a show-stopping centerpiece!
Common Questions About Making a Chocolate Bundt Cake
What is a chocolate bundt cake?
A chocolate chip bundt cake is a buttery cake made with chocolate chips and baked in a bundt cake pan.
Why is it called a bundt cake?
It is called a bundt cake because it is a cake baked in the distinctive bundt pan which is donut shaped. Because of the additionally surface area that the bundt pan creates, more of the outside caramelizes and browns.
What other types of bundt cakes can I make?
There are so many amazing varieties of bundt cakes! Some of the most popular are –
Is there anything I can add to this cake?
Yes! Feel free to add chocolate chips or chopped chocolate right into the batter before baking for even more chocolate flavor.
Can I put icing on top?
Yes! You could definitely do a basic icing or drizzle melted chocolate on top.
Looking for more cake recipes? Check these out!
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 cups granulated sugar
- 1/2 cup cocoa powder
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1 stick butter (cubed)
- 4 ounces chocolate (chopped_
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup milk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup water
- Preheat your oven to 350 degrees F and grease a 9" bundt pan generously with non-stick baking spray. Set aside the pan until ready to use.
- In a large bowl, whisk together the flour, sugar, cocoa powder, baking powder, and salt.
- Melt the butter in a small saucepan or microwave safe bowl. Once the butter is melted, add the chopped chocolate and stir to combine. If the chocolate doesn't fully melt, cook it for an additional 30 seconds in the microwave (or 1-2 minutes on the stovetop). Whisk continually until the chocolate is fully melted.
- Next, allow the chocolate to cool for five minutes. Then transfer the chocolate mixture to a large bowl and whisk in the eggs, milk, and vanilla extract.
- Add half of the dry ingredients and whisk to combine.
- Add the water and whisk to combine.
- Lastly, add the remaining dry ingredients and stir.
- Transfer the batter to the prepared bundt pan and bake until a toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean - about 45-50 minutes.
- Remove from the oven and allow the cake to cool for 10 minutes.
- Run a knife around the edge to loosen the bundt cake and turn it onto a wire rack to cool completely.
- Store in a plastic container at room temperature for up to 3 days.
Never miss a Mildly Meandering recipe
Check out the web story for this recipe by clicking HERE.