Chocolate Chip Bundt Cake – A simple homemade bundt cake loaded with chocolate chips. Easy to make and so delicious!
Chocolate Chip Bundt Cake
I have been on a bundt cake kick after making that AMAZING peach bundt cake a few weeks ago that not only knocked my shoes off, but also was super popular with my readers! For my next bundt cake, I decided I wanted to try making one loaded with a ton of chocolate chips. I used the same basic bundt cake recipe and then just added an entire bag of chocolate chips to it. The first version of this cake was… burnt. I burnt my bundt. I missed the timer and came back to the oven in a panic to a smoking, black cake so I went back to work and made it again immediately and it turned out perfect!
This cake makes a lot of servings so it’s great to make for parties or other events. It lasts about three days if you store it in an airtight container.
Common Questions About Making a Chocolate Chip Bundt Cake
What is a chocolate chip bundt cake?
A chocolate chip bundt cake is a buttery cake made with chocolate chips and baked in a bundt cake pan.
Why is it called a bundt cake?
It is called a bundt cake because it is a cake baked in the distinctive bundt pan which is donut shaped. Because of the additionally surface area that the bundt pan creates, more of the outside caramelizes and browns.
Can I use a different type of chocolate?
Of course! You can use white chocolate, dark chocolate, chocolate chunks, mini chocolate chips, etc. Totally up to you!
What other types of bundt cakes can I make?
There are so many amazing varieties of bundt cakes! Some of the most popular are –
- Peach Bundt Cake
- Cinnamon Bundt Cake
- Vanilla Bundt Cake
- Chocolate Bundt Cake
- Red Velvet Bundt Cake
- Lemon Bundt Cake
Can I put icing on top?
Yes! You could definitely do a basic icing or a cream cheese icing to drizzle on top.
Looking for more cake recipes? Check these out!
- 4 sticks butter (softened)
- 2 cups granulated sugar
- 8 large eggs
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 4 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 cups chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F and grease a bundt pan with non-stick cooking spray.
- Using a stand or hand mixer, beat butter, vanilla, and sugar together on medium speed until light and fluffy - about 2 minutes.
- Next, add the eggs one at a time. Be sure each egg is fully incorporated before adding the next.
- On low speed, add in the flour slowly. Stop once the flour is fully incorporated and be sure not to over mix this step.
- Gently fold in chocolate chips.
- Transfer the batter to the bundt pan and bake for 60 minutes. A toothpick inserted into the center of the cake should come out clean.
- When finished, let the bundt cool for about 5 minutes and then run a knife around the edge and turn it out onto a wire rack to cool completely.
- Slice before serving.
Never miss a Mildly Meandering recipe