Pumpkin Lush – A luscious dessert made with layers of graham cracker crust, cheesecake filling, creamy pumpkin filling, and whipped topping. The perfect dessert for thanksgiving!
This pumpkin lush is pretty much the best fall dessert ever! What’s not to love about having a layered dessert loaded with a graham crust, cheesecake filling, pumpkin filling, whipped topping, and pecans on top?! I was inspired to make this after making a lemon lush a few months ago and it being a huge hit. Not only did I think it was delicious but you guys did too! I think this would be a great dessert to make for Thanksgiving coming up because it makes a pretty large batch with about 12 servings and it can be made ahead of time so that you don’t have to be spending time in the kitchen right before your event.
Common Questions About Making a Pumpkin Lush
What is a pumpkin lush?
A pumpkin lush is a chilled dessert that is made by layering a graham cracker crust, cheesecake filling, pumpkin filling, and whipped topping. It is prepared ahead of time and served cold.
How many servings does this recipe make?
This recipe makes about 12 servings.
How long does a pumpkin lush last?
If you cover and refrigerate it, it should last up to three days.
How can I decorate a pumpkin lush?
I like to use crushed graham crackers, pecans, toffee pieces, or caramel sauce. Any combination of those things is delicious!
What kind of graham crackers should I use?
I usually use honey but you could use cinnamon graham crackers or even nilla wafers for the crust.
Looking for more easy fall dessert recipes? Check these out!
For the Crust
- 1 3/4 cups graham cracker crumbs
- 1/3 cup melted butter
- 2 tablespoons granulated sugar
For the Cheesecake
- 16 ounces cream cheese, softened to room temperature
- 1 cup powdered sugar
- 4 ounces cool whip
For the Pumpkin Filling
- 2 cups whole milk
- 1 (15 ounce) can pumpkin puree
- 2 (4 ounce) packets vanilla pudding mix
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1/4 teaspoon nutmeg
- 4 ounces cool whip
For the Topping
- 1 (8 ounce) tub cool whip
- 1/2 cup chopped pecans (optional)
- 2 tablespoons graham cracker crumbs (optional)
- 1/2 cup caramel sauce (optional)
- Prepare the crust by mixing together the graham cracker crumbs, melted butter, and granulated sugar until the mixture resembles wet sand.
- Press the crust mixture into the bottom of a 9"x13" dish. Cover and refrigerate.
- Prepare the cheesecake filling by beating together the cream cheese and powdered sugar until smooth, then gently fold in the cool whip. Spread an even layer over the crust.
- Prepare the pumpkin layer by whisking together the milk, pumpkin puree, vanilla pudding mixes, cinnamon, ginger, and nutmeg until well combined. Fold in the cool whip until smooth. Spread an even layer over the top of the cheesecake.
- Add the remaining tub of cool whip on top of the pumpkin layer, then garnish with chopped pecans, caramel sauce, or graham cracker crumbs (optional).
- Chill in the refrigerator for at least 4 hours before slicing and serving.
Make sure to follow along on Pinterest for more Mildly Meandering recipes!
Check out the web story for this recipe by clicking HERE.