Cherry Cake Mix Cookies – An easy dessert made with just 3 ingredients! These cookies are the best and filled with cherry flavor!
Cherry Cake Mix Cookies
I’m back with another cake mix cookie! After being shocked a few months ago by how awesome cake mix cookies really are, I continued to try different varieties and a favorite at my house ended up these cake mix cookies! If you love cherry cake like me, then you will love these cookies! They have such a great cherry flavor and they taste great with a drizzle of white chocolate on top.
The thing I love most about these cookies is how easy they are to make. You just need 3 ingredients and less than 20 minutes to make them so they are great when you are craving cookies or just looking for an easy dessert to make.
Common Questions About Making Cake Mix Cookies
What are cherry cake mix cookies?
Cherry cake mix cookies are simple cookies made from boxed cherry cake mix, eggs, and vegetable oil.
How can I use boxed cake mix to make cookies?
Making cookies out of boxed cake mix is just about these easiest thing ever! By using less liquid, you are able to turn the cake mix into cookies as they will be able to form together better than the loose batter that is used to make cakes. You also have to use eggs and once everything is mixed together, you can scoop the cookies onto a lined sheet pan and cook them.
What other types of cake mix cookies can I make?
Really any flavor of boxed cake mix will work! Some favorites of mine include –
- Triple Chocolate Fudge Cake Mix Cookies
- Strawberry Cake Mix Cookies
- Lemon Cake Mix Cookies
- Red Velvet Cake Mix Cookies
Can I decorate this cookies?
Sure! I personally have tried putting white chocolate chips straight into the mix before baking but you could also drizzle melted white chocolate (like I did for pictures), or even use a can of your favorite frosting on top of the cookies once they have cooled. If you want to add more cherry flavor, you could add 1 cup of cherry chips or 1/2 cup chopped maraschino cherries to the mix. Just make sure to pat the maraschino cherries down before adding them so there isn’t more liquids being added then necessary.
What else can I use cherry cake mix for?
Some of the best uses are –
- Cherry Cake Truffles
- Cherry Cupcakes
- Cherry Rice Krispy Treats
- Cherry Waffles
Looking for more cookie recipes? Check these out!
- Lemon Sugar Cookies
- Chocolate Chip Oatmeal Cookies
- Chewy Oatmeal Apple Cookies
- Soft Frosted Sugar Cookies
- 1 box cherry cake mix (15.25 ounces)
- 1/3 cup vegetable oil
- 2 eggs
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F and line a sheet pan with parchment paper.
- In a large mixing bowl, combine all ingredients and mix until fully combined.
- Using a 2 tablespoon cookie scoop, scoop cookies onto the lined sheet pan with at least 2" of space on all sides as they will expand outwards. Lightly press each cookie down.
- Place in the oven and cook for 11-13 minutes. Leave cookies for 5 minutes on the sheet pan before transferring to a cooling rack.
Never miss a Mildly Meandering recipe