Red Velvet Cake Mix Cookies – An easy dessert made with just 4 ingredients! Perfect for holidays such as Christmas or Valentine’s Day!
Red Velvet Cake Mix Cookies
Did you know that you can make cookies from cake mix?! Until recently, I had heard that it was a thing you could do but I hadn’t tried it. With Christmas around the corner, I saw a bunch of red velvet cake mix boxes at the store and remembered that you could make cookies out of it and knew that this was the time to give it a go. I was told that these were “literally the best cookies” that I had ever made so that should really show how awesome these cookies are!
Now one of my favorite parts of making cake mix cookies is that they are made 4 simple ingredients with one of those being totally optional (but a delicious add in). It’s just 1 box of red velvet cake mix, oil, eggs, and white chocolate chips. That’s it! So easy to make!
Common Questions About Making Cake Mix Cookies
How can I use boxed cake mix to make cookies?
Making cookies out of boxed cake mix is just about these easiest thing ever! By using less liquid, you are able to turn the cake mix into cookies as they will be able to form together better than the loose batter that is used to make cakes. You also have to use eggs and once everything is mixed together, you can scoop the cookies onto a lined sheet pan and cook them.
Can I use other flavors of boxed cake mix?
Of course! Some of my favorite boxed varieties to use include –
Can I decorate this cookies?
Sure! I personally put some white chocolate straight into the mix before baking but you could also use regular chocolate chips, drizzle melted white chocolate, or even use a can of cream cheese frosting on top of the cookies once they have cooled.
Looking for more cookie recipes? Check these out!
- Chewy Gingersnap Cookies
- Fluffernutter Cookies
- Chewy Oatmeal Apple Cookies
- Soft Frosted Sugar Cookies
- Spiced Brown Butter Chocolate Chip Cookies
- 1 box of red velvet cake mix (15.25 ounces)
- 1/3 cup vegetable oil
- 2 eggs
- 1 - 1 1/2 cups white chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F and line a sheet pan with parchment paper.
- In a large mixing bowl, combine all ingredients and mix until fully combined. Using a 2" cookie scoop, scoop cookies onto lined sheet pan with at least 2" of space on all sides as they will expand outwards.
- Place in oven and cook for 11-13 minutes. Leave the cookies for 5 minutes on the sheet pan before transferring to a cooling rack.