Strawberry Cake Mix Cookies – An easy dessert made with just 3 ingredients! These cookies are so tasty and great for Valentine’s Day or Easter!
Strawberry Cake Mix Cookies
I love making cake mix cookies. I was hesitant when I first heard about them a few years ago but when I finally got around to trying them a few months ago, I was sold. 3 ingredients and you end up with quite possibly the chewiest cookies EVER. Now I made these strawberry cake mix cookies in preparation for Valentine’s Day where I knew I wanted to make some festive treats to share with my family.
To decorate them, I drizzled a bit of melted white chocolate on top but you could also add sprinkles, dip half of the cookie in chocolate, etc. I probably would have put white chocolate chips right into the batter if I hadn’t run out earlier that day!
I love that this recipe is just about the easiest way to have the cookies have strong strawberry flavor. I have tried using fresh strawberries in cookies before but really, there is no topping the strawberry flavor in these cookies.
Common Questions About Making Cake Mix Cookies
How can I use boxed cake mix to make cookies?
Making cookies out of boxed cake mix is just about these easiest thing ever! By using less liquid, you are able to turn the cake mix into cookies as they will be able to form together better than the loose batter that is used to make cakes. You also have to use eggs and once everything is mixed together, you can scoop the cookies onto a lined sheet pan and cook them.
Can I use other flavors of boxed cake mix?
Of course! Some of my favorite boxed varieties to use include –
Can I decorate this cookies?
Sure! I personally have tried putting white chocolate chips straight into the mix before baking but you could also drizzle melted white chocolate (like I did for pictures), or even use a can of your favorite frosting on top of the cookies once they have cooled.
What else can I use strawberry cake mix for?
Some of the best uses are –
- Strawberry Cake Truffles
- Strawberry Cupcakes
- Strawberry Rice Krispy Treats
- Strawberry Waffles
Looking for more cookie recipes? Check these out!
- Chewy Gingersnap Cookies
- Chocolate Chip Oatmeal Cookies
- Fluffernutter Cookies
- Chewy Oatmeal Apple Cookies
- Soft Frosted Sugar Cookies
- Spiced Brown Butter Chocolate Chip Cookies
- 1 box strawberry cake mix (15.25 ounces)
- 1/3 cup vegetable oil
- 2 eggs
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F and line a sheet pan with parchment paper.
- In a large mixing bowl, combine all ingredients and mix until fully combined.
- Using a 2 tablespoon cookie scoop, scoop cookies onto the lined sheet pan with at least 2" of space on all sides as they will expand outwards. Lightly press each cookie down.
- Place in oven and cook for 11-13 minutes. Leave cookies for 5 minutes on the sheet pan before transferring to a cooling rack.