Lemon Cake Mix Cookies – An easy dessert made with just 3 ingredients! These cookies are so tasty and great spring!
Lemon Cake Mix Cookies
Cake mix cookies might just be one of the greatest ideas ever. Now I know that it sounds crazy, using cake mix to make cookies but trust me, you end up with the perfect chewy cookies with flavors that taste exactly how they should. Now for this recipe, I used a box of lemon cake mix which gave the cookies a bright lemon flavor that tasted like spring! To make them extra fun, I drizzled a bit of white chocolate on them but you could also add some sprinkles.
Common Questions About Making Cake Mix Cookies
How can I use boxed cake mix to make cookies?
Making cookies out of boxed cake mix is just about these easiest thing ever! By using less liquid, you are able to turn the cake mix into cookies as they will be able to form together better than the loose batter that is used to make cakes. You also have to use eggs and once everything is mixed together, you can scoop the cookies onto a lined sheet pan and cook them.
Can I use other flavors of boxed cake mix?
Of course! Some of my favorite boxed varieties to use include –
Can I decorate this cookies?
Sure! I personally have tried putting white chocolate chips straight into the mix before baking but you could also drizzle melted white chocolate (like I did for pictures), or even use a can of your favorite frosting on top of the cookies once they have cooled.
What else can I use lemon cake mix for?
Some of the best uses are –
- Lemon Cake Truffles
- Lemon Cupcakes
- Lemon Rice Krispy Treats
- Lemon Waffles
Looking for more cookie recipes? Check these out!
- Chewy Gingersnap Cookies
- Chocolate Chip Oatmeal Cookies
- Fluffernutter Cookies
- Chewy Oatmeal Apple Cookies
- Soft Frosted Sugar Cookies
- Spiced Brown Butter Chocolate Chip Cookies
- 1 box lemon cake mix (15.25 ounces)
- 1/3 cup vegetable oil
- 2 eggs
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F and line a sheet pan with parchment paper.
- In a large mixing bowl, combine all ingredients and mix until fully combined.
- Using a 2 tablespoon cookie scoop, scoop cookies onto the lined sheet pan with at least 2" of space on all sides as they will expand outwards. Lightly press each cookie down.
- Place in oven and cook for 11-13 minutes. Leave cookies for 5 minutes on the sheet pan before transferring to a cooling rack.