Cherry Cake Truffles – A delicious treat made with just 3 simple ingredients – boxed cherry cake mix, white chocolate, and cream cheese! Perfect for any holiday or party!
Cherry Cake Truffles
I kinda love boxed cherry chip cake mix. Something about it just tastes so comforting and yummy. When I saw a box of it at the store the other day, I knew that it would be so good turned into truffles for Valentine’s day. It would be a pretty pink dessert that could be decorated so many different ways with drizzles of pink white chocolate or fun sprinkles. Now these cherry cake truffles don’t just have to be for Valentine’s day, they could also be a fun dessert for parties, Easter, etc depending on how you decorate them.
Common Questions About Making Cherry Cake Truffles
Can I use chocolate instead of white chocolate?
You sure can! You could also drizzle them with white chocolate like I did for the pictures.
How should I decorate these truffles?
I used white chocolate that I melted and drizzled it on top of the truffles but you could also use sprinkles or just drizzle chocolate on top of the truffles instead.
Can I freeze the truffles?
Yes, freezing the truffles until you are ready to serve them works great.
What should I do if my truffle filling isn’t forming together?
If your truffles filling (cherry cake and cream cheese) is loose and isn’t forming into balls, try adding a bit more cream cheese and blending again. That helps them form together more.
What kind of cake mix should I get?
I used cherry chip cake mix but a similar cherry cake mix would also work.
Is this a no bake recipe?
Yes and no. I would lean more towards no because you do have to bake the box of cake mix before turning it in to truffles. I usually do it the night before and let it sit on the counter until morning so that it fully cools.
Looking for more truffle recipes? Check these out!
- Snickerdoodle Cookie Balls
- Fluffernutter Truffles
- Red Velvet Cake Truffles
- Nutter Butter Truffles
- Chocolate Cake Truffles
- Mocha Truffles
- Golden Oreo Truffles
- 1 box of cherry cake mix (cooked according to the instructions on the box)
- 8 ounces cream cheese (softened)
- 16 ounces white chocolate chip morsels (or almond bark)
- In a food processor, blend cooked and cooled cherry cake until it becomes crumbs. Add in cream cheese and process again until they are fully combined.
- Using a 1" cookie scoop, roll out truffles into balls and place on a sheet pan lined with parchment paper. Repeat until all of the mixture has been used up.
- Place sheet pan in freezer for a few minutes to firm up.
- Once the truffles have firmed up, place white chocolate in a microwave safe bowl and heat until melted.
- Roll each truffle in white chocolate until fully coated and then transfer back to the lined sheet pan. Freeze or refrigerate until ready to serve.