Slow Cooker Pecan Pie Oatmeal – An easy crock pot breakfast idea that tastes just like a pecan pie! Made with just 5 ingredients and topped with pecans!
Slow Cooker Pecan Pie Oatmeal
I always enjoy a good bowl of oatmeal. It is so simple to make, yet it can be so flavorful. I was amazed to find out that one of my friends had never actually had oatmeal before, I had assumed that it was something everyone has tried at least once! I tried to jazz this oatmeal up with pecans and brown sugar and it turned out amazing! The oatmeal itself was so flavorful from sitting in the slow cooker for hours, soaking up the maple and cinnamon and also, very creamy as I decided to use milk instead of a water and milk combo for the liquids in the oatmeal. Fair warning, this is incredibly filling!
Until recently, I had not actually tried a pecan pie before! Pecans are my favorite nut but most my family is not fans so we never have had one at the holidays. I finally picked up one of the tiny personal ones from Walmart last week which might not have been the world’s best pecan pie but I got the gist from it and it was so good! I am officially a pecan pie fan! Now I know what I have been missing for the past nineteen years!
Looking for more oatmeal recipes? Check these out!
Notes on slow cooker pecan pie oatmeal
- Want to make the recipe a little lighter? Sub the milk for a nut milk of choice and use coconut sugar instead of brown sugar! These substitutions won’t compromise on flavor and can make the recipe vegan!
- This recipe can either be cooked on high for 2-3 hours or on low for 5-6. Make sure to plan accordingly!
- When reheating, add a bit of milk to it! The oatmeal heats up much better that way!
- While the oatmeal is cooking, give it a stir every once in a while to help make sure none is getting stuck to the bottom of the slow cooker!
- 2 cups steel cut oats
- 4 cups milk
- 1/4 cup pure maple syrup
- 1/4 cup brown sugar
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- chopped pecans
- brown sugar
- Combine all ingredients in slow cooker.
- Set slow cooker to high and cook for 2-3 hours.
- Add toppings and serve.