Maple Cinnamon Candied Walnuts – A quick and easy snack perfect for the holidays! Roasted walnuts coated in a thick maple cinnamon glaze.
It’s that time of year again! With Thanksgiving and Christmas right around the corner, making candied nuts is a given. Whether it be walnuts, pecans, or almonds, candied nuts are a holiday staple at my house! I think my favorite part about these maple cinnamon candied walnuts is really how easy they are to make, all you need is 4 simple ingredients and 5 minutes to cook them. The worst part is waiting for them to harden, they are just so tempting and it’s hard not to just eat them all up!
I think that the maple and cinnamon complement the light, nutty flavors of the walnuts. While honey might be perfect on a roasted almond with it’s deep smoky flavors, maple is perfect for walnuts! I would love to try to combine some other flavors on a batch of candied walnuts like maybe a batch of chai spiced candied walnuts next, I think those would be so tasty but also slightly dangerous to have around because I know I would eat them all up so quickly!
Notes on maple cinnamon candied walnuts recipe
- Having guests over? Make a double batch, these will go quickly!
- Add 1 tbsp of honey to add a bit of a different flavor to these nuts!
- 2 cups walnuts
- 1/4 cup pure maple syrup
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 1/4 tsp cinnamon
- Heat medium non-stick pan to medium heat.
- Combine all ingredients and continuously stir for 5 minutes.
- Lay out a sheet of parchment paper on a cookie sheet and transfer walnuts to sheet to cool.
- Let sit for at least two hours before storing in containers.
Love candied nuts like this candied walnuts recipe?
Make sure to check out these recipes from other bloggers:
Pumpkin Pie Spice Nuts from Honey and Birch
Fall Spiced Walnuts from Take Two Tapas
Spicy Smoked Almonds from An Affair from the Heart