Slow Cooker Apple Pie Oatmeal – An easy slow cooker breakfast idea that tastes just like an apple pie! Made with fresh apples, apple pie spice, apple cider, and oatmeal! It’s the perfect fall breakfast and a great way to feed a crowd!
Slow Cooker Apple Pie Oatmeal
Slow cooker meals are the best! I love just popping a few ingredients into my slow cooker and coming home a few hours later to a finished meal! I have 3 slow cookers, I am just kinda obsessed! Last week, I made Slow Cooker Pumpkin Pie Oatmeal for breakfast and it was great because I would just grab a scoop every morning pour some almond milk on top along with some coconut sugar and walnuts. It was a big improvement over my regular breakfast, prepackaged oatmeal. Oatmeal has been my go-to breakfast for years because it is so easy to whip up in the morning before class. I am not a huge morning person and kinda wander around aimlessly until I have had a few cups of coffee!
Until last year when I made Slow Cooker Pecan Pie Oatmeal, I really had no idea you could make things in a slow cooker that were not savory. I was so excited that I did a lot of experimenting on different slow cooker recipes from my Slow Cooker Pumpkin Pie Oatmeal to apple butter.
Notes on slow cooker apple pie oatmeal recipe
- This recipe can either be cooked on high for 2-3 hours or on low for 5-6. Make sure to plan accordingly!
- When reheating, add a bit of milk to it! The oatmeal heats up much better that way!
- While the oatmeal is cooking, give it a stir every once in a while to help make sure none is getting stuck to the bottom of the slow cooker!
- 1 1/2 cups steel cut oatmeal
- 3 cups milk
- 2 cups apple cider
- 2 cups apples, diced
- 1/4 cup pure maple syrup
- 2 tbsp vanilla extract
- 1 tbsp cinnamon
- 1/4 tsp nutmeg
- 1/8 tsp allspice
- pinch of salt
- chopped pecans
- brown sugar
- diced apples
- Combine all ingredients in slow cooker.
- Set slow cooker to high and let cook for 2-3 hours.
- Add toppings and serve!
Love apple pie inspired recipes?
Make sure to check out these recipes from other bloggers:
Apple Pie Cream Cheese from Who Needs A Cape?
Fresh Apple Pie Salsa from Take Two Tapas
Apple Pie Tacos from An Affair from the Heart