Slow Cooker Pumpkin Oatmeal – An easy slow cooker breakfast idea that tastes just like a pumpkin pie! It’s the perfect fall breakfast!
Slow Cooker Pumpkin Oatmeal
Oatmeal is a staple breakfast at my house. I eat it every day before school and I have posted a lot of different recipes for it on here such as my Strawberries and Cream Steel Cut Oatmeal, Slow Cooker Pecan Pie Oatmeal, and Blueberry Banana Baked Oatmeal! I love how filling it is and that it is so customizable! My favorite one I have made thus far has definitely been this Slow Cooker Pumpkin Pie Oatmeal! It really did taste just like a slice of pumpkin pie combined with oatmeal!
I like to make a batch of this crockpot oatmeal ahead of time and heat it up in the morning with a bit of brown sugar and chopped pecans. This recipe ended up being seven whole breakfasts for me so it’s a great option if you are feeding a crowd.
Something I love about this recipe is that it is made right in a crock pot. All I had to go was pop in all of the ingredients and then stirred it on occasion just to see how it was doing. When I made this, I ended up going over to check on it after two hours and realized my slow cooker was not on…. whoops! That was a little bit of an accident but it ended up working out anyway!
Tips and tricks on this slow cooker pumpkin oatmeal recipe
- This recipe can either be cooked on high for 2-3 hours or on low for 5-6. Make sure to plan accordingly!
- When reheating, add a bit of milk to it! The oatmeal heats up much better that way!
- While the oatmeal is cooking, give it a stir every once in a while to help make sure none is getting stuck to the bottom of the slow cooker!
Looking for more easy breakfast recipes?
- 1 1/2 cups steel cut oats
- 3 cups milk
- 2 cups water
- 15 oz pumpkin puree
- 1/4 cup pure maple syrup
- 1 tbsp vanilla extract
- 1 tbsp cinnamon
- 1 tsp ginger
- 1/2 tsp nutmeg
- 1/4 tsp cloves
- Combine all ingredients in slow cooker.
- Set slow cooker to high and let cook for 2-3 hours.
- Add toppings and serve!