Salted Caramel Sauce – Take your dessert to a whole new level with a drizzle of this sauce! Easy to make and so delicious!
Salted Caramel Sauce
This salted caramel sauce is kinda dangerous. Since I made it, I think I have put it on literally everything I’ve eaten! It’s that good! It’s actually the star of the Caramel Apple Mug Cake I made for lunch last weekend!
I was really amazed how well it turned out, it tasted even better than caramel sauce I have bought at the store in the past! I knew I was going to make a ton of apple and pumpkin recipes the next few weeks and caramel is just perfect on any of those desserts! There is even a sneak peek below of my Pumpkin Spice Latte Mug Cake that I just had to share in this post because it really showed off the caramel so nicely! Make sure to check that post out later this week!
I think an amazing snack would be slices of an apple dipped in this sauce. It would be great to send for school lunches or as an after school snack! What’s not to love about caramel and apples together?!
Now you can use this salted caramel sauce for literally anything that you would use normal caramel sauce for like iced lattes or caramel macchiatos but it just gives it a bit of a different, adult flavor. Trust me, you will want to add it to everything!
Common Questions About Making Salted Caramel Sauce
What is salted caramel sauce?
Salted caramel sauce is a classic caramel sauce recipe made by boiling water and sugar together until it is an amber-colored liquid that you then remove from heat and add heavy whipping cream, vanilla extract, and salt.
Can I add anything else?
Yes! Try out my bourbon salted caramel sauce!
Why do you use salt?
Add a bit of salt to sweet things actually brings out the sweet flavor and balances it, keeping it from tasting sickly sweet.
What other types of caramel sauce can I make?
There are some really great varieties of caramel sauce! Some include –
- Bourbon Salted Caramel Sauce
- Whiskey Caramel Sauce
- Brown Butter Caramel Sauce
- Vegan Caramel Sauce
- Chocolate Caramel Sauce
Looking for recipes to use this caramel on? Check these out!
- Caramel Latte
- Vanilla Ice Cream
- Salted Caramel Frozen Hot Chocolate
- Salted Caramel Hot Chocolate
- Salted Caramel Mocha Frappuccino
- Chocolate Ice Cream
- 2/3 cup heavy cream
- 1/4 cup water
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 3 tbsp unsalted butter
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 1 tsp salt
- In a medium saucepan over medium heat, bring water and sugar to a boil, stirring constantly. Once it is boiling, bring heat up to high and stop stirring. Let boil until a nice amber color, about 6-10 minutes.
- Remove from heat and pour in heavy cream, butter, vanilla, and salt. Mix until well combined.
- Pour into a jar or dish to cool and store. Once the caramel sauce has cooled, it will thicken up. Store in refrigerator.