Gingerbread Cheesecake Dip – A light and fluffy gingerbread dip perfect to dip gingerbread cookies in! An amazing sweet appetizer for Christmas!
Gingerbread Cheesecake Dip
I am so ready for gingerbread season. I put away my very few fall decorations and tossed out my goards this past week and moved in my Christmas decorations. Not that I have many Christmas decorations, just a plethora of hedgehog related holiday decor. It still makes me feel like the holidays are here though! Plus, we had the first major snowfall today and everything is covered in a light dusting of white which is just so lovely to look out my window and see. I wandered around for an hour taking pictures of snowy trees and such this afternoon because I was so excited.
This gingerbread cheesecake dip is so good! I made it for Thanksgiving and it was a hit! My contributions to the meal included Apple Cider Cranberry Sauce and this dip and I was so happy with how both ended up turning out! I might have eaten almost all of it my self, it was that tasty!
Notes on gingerbread cheesecake dip
- Want to use homemade whipped cream instead of cool whip? Combine 1/2 cup heavy whipping cream, 1/2 tsp vanilla extract, and 2 tbsp powdered sugar in a mixing bowl. Using a hand mixer, whip until there are stiff peaks.
- Gingersnaps and gingerbread are perfect to dip in this gingerbread dip but graham crackers, nilla wafers, and sugar cookies are great options to serve with this gingerbread dip too!
- 8 oz cream cheese, softened
- 1 1/2 cups whipped topping, such as cool whip or homemade whipped cream
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 1 tsp ginger
- 3 tbsp molasses
- 1/4 cup confectioner's sugar
- 1/4 tsp nutmeg
- 1/4 cup brown sugar
- In a medium mixing bowl, combine all ingredients other than the whipped topping and mix using hand mixer until combined.
- Add in the whipped topping and mix until combine.
- Store in fridge until you are ready to serve with your cookie of choice!
Love gingerbread recipes?
Make sure to check out these recipes from other bloggers:
Frosted Gingerbread Spice Cake from Who Needs a Cape?
Gingerbread Butter from Life Currents
Gingerbread Macarons from A Kitchen Hoor’s Adventure