Reese’s Chex Mix – A quick and easy snack mix that is great to make for parties! Peanut butter chex cereal and pretzels covered in a brown sugar cinnamon coating and baked before being combined with Reese’s pieces, Reese’s cups, and chocolate chips.
Reese’s Chex Mix
I love chex mix! One of the BEST varieties is this Reese’s chex mix because it is the perfect blend of sweet and salty. Made with peanut butter chex and pretzels that are tossed in a cinnamon sugar butter before being baked. Once cooled, a combination of Reese’s cups, Reese’s pieces, and chocolate chips to add even more peanut butter and chocolate flavor. This snack mix is great to serve at any party as a fun munchie!
Common Questions About Making Reese’s Chex Mix
What is Reese’s chex mix?
Reese’s chex mix is a sweet and salty snack mix that is made by coating peanut butter chex and pretzels in cinnamon, brown sugar, and butter before baking on a sheet pan. Once it cools, candy is added in and it can be served.
How many servings does this recipe make?
This recipe makes about 10 servings.
How long does this chex mix last?
This chex mix lasts up to 5 days when stored in an airtight container at room temperature.
How can I customize the recipe?
This is a really easy recipe to customize, you can easily add mix-ins you like or remove ones that you don’t like! Some ideas are extra mix-ins include –
- Pita chips
- Oyster crackers
- Peanut butter chips
Ingredient Notes –
- Butter helps the brown sugar stick to the chex cereal but it also helps the chex brown slightly in the oven.
- Light brown sugar adds just a hint of sweetness to the peanut butter chex.
- Vanilla enhances the flavor of the chocolate and peanut butter.
- If you can’t find peanut butter chex, regular chex will work too!
- Pretzels add additional crunch and a bit of saltiness to the chex mix.
- I’m using Reese’s Pieces, Chocolate Chips, and mini Reese’s Cups to enhance the chocolate and peanut butter flavors but feel free to use any of your favorite candy add-ins.
Looking for more snack recipes? Check these out!
- 4 tablespoons butter (melted)
- 1/4 cup brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 4 cups peanut butter chex cereal
- 2 cups pretzel twists
- 1 cup Reese's Pieces
- 1 cup chocolate chips
- 1 cup mini Reese's Cups
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F and line a large baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Add the melted butter, brown sugar, and vanilla to a large bowl. If using unsalted butter, make sure to add a pinch of salt as well.
- Whisk to combine and then add the chex cereal and pretzel twists. Toss to combine.
- Transfer the mixture to the parchment lined baking sheet and spread it into a single layer.
- Bake for 10 minutes, then stir the chex and pretzel mixture. Bake for another 10 minutes.
- Allow the mix to cool to room temperature and then break it into bite sized pieces. Add the Reese's Pieces, chocolate chips, and Reese's Cups and toss to combine.
- Store leftover chex mix in an airtight container at room temperature for up to five days.
Never miss a Mildly Meandering recipe
Check out the web story for this recipe by clicking HERE.