Honey Roasted Almonds – A quick and easy snack perfect for the holidays! Roasted almonds coated in a delicious honey glaze!
I’ve been dying to make these Honey Roasted Almonds for months! After I made the Maple Cinnamon Candied Walnuts, I knew I had to try making more candied buts because they were just so good! I always enjoy things that have both honey and almonds in them so I decided to combine them into one delicious snack! Needless to say, they were devoured incredibly quickly and for good reason! I’d find myself eating a handful every time I went into the kitchen and then coming back to grab another handful immediately!
I ended up finally getting around to making these about a month ago but then life got in the way and I never actually put together a post. Having been up since 2 AM because of the lovely jet-lag from an 11 hour time difference here in Japan, I decided it was a good time to go for it because there’s not much else to do at 2 AM other than quietly hang out in my hostel until it’s late enough to go buy some melon pan!
Notes on honey roasted almonds recipe
- Want to make this recipe a bit healthier? Sub the butter for coconut oil and brown sugar for coconut sugar.
- Don’t forget to use parchment paper! This will be a mess to clean off of a pan.
- 2 cups whole almonds
- 1/4 cup brown sugar
- 3 tbsp honey
- 3 tbsp water
- 1 tbsp butter
- 1/4 tsp cinnamon
- pinch of salt
- Spread almonds on baking sheet lined with parchment paper and cook for 15 minutes at 350°F, occasionally flipping nuts over.
- While nuts are roasting, combine butter, honey, and water in a medium saucepan.
- Bring liquids to a boil and add in almonds.
- Continuously stir almonds until they have mostly absorbed the liquids.
- In a small bowl, combine cinnamon, coconut sugar, and salt.
- Transfer almonds to a baking sheet lined with parchment paper and sprinkle cinnamon sugar mixture evenly on to the almonds.
- Let cool before serving.
Love almond recipes?
Make sure to check out these recipes from other bloggers:
Cinnamon Candied Almonds from Who Needs a Cape?
Orange and Rosemary Roasted Almonds from A Kitchen Hoor’s Adventure
Spicy Smoked Almonds from An Affair from the Heart