This shop has been compensated by Collective Bias, Inc. and its advertiser. All opinions are mine alone. #MakeGameTimeSaucy #CollectiveBias
Baked Salsa Verde Chicken Eggrolls – Shredded chicken marinated in salsa verde mixed with pepper jack cheese inside an eggroll! The perfect eggroll recipe for parties and game day!
Are you ready to ban the bland and take your game day appetizers to a whole new level?! My new favorite appetizers to make are Salsa Verde Chicken Eggrolls made with Pace® Salsa Verde, shredded chicken, pepper jack cheese, and eggroll wrappers all from my local Walmart store! This eggroll recipe is so simple to make but packs a punch flavor-wise!
I used the Pace® Salsa Verde to marinade the chicken in while it cooked to let the flavors seep in and really take the chicken from bland and boring to delicious and flavorful all the way though.
I found 24 oz. Pace® Salsa Verde at Walmart right in the hispanic food department! So easy to find! While I was there, I just had to pick up some 24 oz. Pace® Chunky Salsa Medium too to serve with some chips!
Pace® Salsa is my go-to salsa because of the authentic southwestern flavors and the bold kick! It’s really good on anything but ice cream and kicks any meal’s flavor up to an 11! How are you going to ban the bland with Pace®? Get recipe inspiration here.
Ready to shop for Pace® products? Hover over the photo to click through to Walmart.com and purchase them
- 2 cups chicken breasts
- 1 1/2 cups salsa verde
- 1 cup shredded pepper jack cheese
- 12 eggroll wrappers
- 2 tbsp vegetable oil
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees fahrenheit and line sheet pan with aluminum foil. Place chicken breasts flat in a casserole dish. Cover chicken breasts with 1 cup of salsa verde. Bake for 35-40 minutes or until cooked through.
- Place chicken in a large bowl and use two forks to shred. Add in remaining ½ cup salsa verde and pepper jack cheese. Mix until combined.
- Lay eggroll wrapper out and place 2 tbsps of the chicken filling a little bit below the middle of the eggroll wrapper. Fold the left and right corners in as far as they can go before folding the bottom over. Roll the eggroll until it is secure and run your finger with a bit of water on it across the edge of the eggroll wrapper to help keep it in place. Transfer eggroll to sheet pan and drizzle half of the oil over the top.
- Once all eggrolls are done, bake for 8-9 minutes before flipping them over, drizzling remaining oil on the other side, and baking for an additional 8-9 minutes or until golden brown on both sides.
- Serve hot with more salsa verde!
Make sure to check out an awesome Ibotta® deal on Pace® products at Walmart! Earn $0.50 cash back with Ibotta® when you purchase a jar of Pace®! (Offer is valid on any ONE (1) 15 oz. or larger Pace® Salsa or Pace® Picante Sauce.)