This shop has been compensated by Collective Bias, Inc. and its advertiser. All opinions are mine alone. #DelightfulMoments #CollectiveBias
Baked Pumpkin Donuts
Baked Pumpkin Donuts – An easy fall breakfast that takes 20 minutes to make! Pumpkin donuts baked to perfection and covered in cinnamon sugar!
I can’t believe it is already fall! It never feels like fall until I start having pumpkin flavored everything! To celebrate, I decided to make these Baked Pumpkin Donuts for brunch and wow, they are so good! I love serving them with a cup of coffee and dunking them right into my cup! Then, my coffee tastes like a delicious slice of pumpkin pie!
Common questions about making baked donuts
Can you bake donuts instead of frying them?
Yes! It’s very easy to bake donuts, you just need a donut pan. They are available at many stores or online for just a few dollars. Just make sure you use a recipe for baked donuts specifically to make sure the consistency and texture are what they are supposed to be.
How long does it take to bake donuts?
Baking donuts takes about 12-13 minutes at 350 degrees.
Are cake donuts baked or fried?
Cake donuts are usually baked and have a texture much more reminiscent of a slice of cake with a denser consistency. Additionally, cake donuts are risen using baking powder instead of yeast.
Other tips and tricks on this baked pumpkin donuts recipe
- It’s best to dunk the donuts in the butter and cinnamon sugar right out of the oven so it can all cool and dry together.
- These donuts are definitely best served the first day.
- Make sure you have a donut pan before attempting this recipe!
Can’t get enough of this baked pumpkin donuts recipe? Try these other recipes!
- 1 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1/3 cup brown sugar
- 1/4 cup pumpkin puree
- 2 tbsp butter, melted
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp cinnamon
- 1/4 tsp ground ginger
- 1/4 tsp nutmeg
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/8 tsp cloves
Cinnamon Sugar Coating
- 4 tbsp butter, melted
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 2 tsp cinnamon
- Preheat oven to 350°F and spray donut pan with non-stick spray.
- In a medium mixing bowl, combine milk, pumpkin puree, and butter.
- In a large mixing bowl, combine flour, brown sugar, baking powder, cinnamon, ginger, nutmeg, cloves, and salt. Add in wet ingredients and stir until combined.
- Transfer batter to donut pan using a spoon. Bake for 12-13 minutes or until you can insert a toothpick into one and it doesn't come out wet.
- After the donuts are removed from the oven, melt butter for coating in a bowl large enough to dunk a donut in. In another bowl, combine the cinnamon and sugar.
- Take a donut and place in bowl filled with butter and coat both sides. Transfer to cinnamon sugar and make sure it is completely covered with the coating. Transfer to cooling rack.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 380