Instant Pot Mac and Cheese – This is the EASIEST way to make mac and cheese! All you need is an Instant Pot, 20 minutes, and 6 ingredients!
Instant Pot Mac and Cheese
I have to say, making mac and cheese in the Instant Pot has become the only way I make mac and cheese! I love how easy of a meal it is! All you do is cook the noodles in the Instant Pot and then stir in the ingredients for the sauce. That’s it!
Now this is a recipe that is great for feeding a crowd AND it heats up well. You can really jazz it up by adding toppings or just serving it as is. Either way, it’s a great meal!
Common Questions About Making Mac and Cheese in an Instant Pot
Can I cook noodles in an Instant Pot?
Yes! Cooking noodles in the Instant Pot is so easy. For this recipe, I combined 4 cups of liquids (chicken or vegetable broth) and 16 ounces of dry noodles, cooking them on HIGH for 5 minutes and then doing a quick release.
What kind of cheese do I use for mac and cheese?
There are a variety of different options but for this recipe, I suggest a sharp cheddar or white cheddar cheese.
What shape noodles can I use for mac and cheese?
I suggest sticking with either elbows or shells for this recipe but feel free to experiment with some different shapes.
What other toppings can I add to mac and cheese?
Here are some of my favorite toppings for mac and cheese –
- Toasted Breadcrumbs
- Grilled Chicken
Looking for more mac and cheese recipes?
- Smoked Gouda Mac and Cheese
- Copycat Panera Mac and Cheese
- The BEST White Cheddar Mac and Cheese
- Creamy Brie Mac and Cheese
- Chili Mac and Cheese
… And if you are looking for a side dish to serve, check out these recipes!
- 16 ounces dry noodles of choice (I used medium shells)
- 4 cups chicken or vegetable broth
- 2 cups cheddar cheese (shredded)
- 1 cup milk
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- Combine dry noodles, chicken broth, and water in the Instant Pot. Close and set it to cook on HIGH for 5 minutes.
- Once the noodles are done cooking, switch the Instant Pot to the VENT position and allow to do a quick release. Once the float valve drops, remove the lid.
- Add in cheddar cheese, milk, butter, and black pepper. Stir until the sauce is creamy and the cheese has melted in. Serve immediatly.