White Chocolate Pistachio Cookies – Delicious cookies jam-packed with white chocolate chips and pistachio nuts. Easy to make and so good!
White Chocolate Pistachio Cookies
Baking with pistachios is always fun because I think they add such a great flavor to anything that they are in. One of my favorite uses of them is in these white chocolate pistachio cookies. They add the perfect bit of crunch and nutty flavor!
These are nice, soft cookies that are filled with so much white chocolate chips and pistachios. They are super easy to make and perfect as a simple dessert recipe any day of the week but I also plan on adding these cookies to my holiday cookie tray later this year. The recipe makes about 18 cookies but you can always double it if you want more.
Common Questions About Making White Chocolate Pistachio Cookies
What are white chocolate pistachio cookies?
White chocolate pistachio cookies are a cookie with a simple cookie base filled with white chocolate chips and pistachios.
What are pistachios?
Pistachios are a member of the cashew family from a tree that resides in Central Asia and the Middle East.
What kind of chocolate should I use?
I used white chocolate chips but you could use white chocolate chunks, chocolate chips, chopped chocolate, etc.
How many cookies does this recipe make?
This recipe makes 18 cookies.
How long do these cookies last?
White chocolate pistachio cookies last up to three days when stored in an airtight container at room temperature.
Ingredient Notes –
- I use salted butter while baking. If using unsalted butter, make sure to add 1/4 teaspoon kosher salt to the cookie dough.
- Granulated sugar makes the cookies sweet and chewy – brown sugar is also a delicious substitute.
- Egg binds the cookies together.
- Vanilla enhances the flavor of the white chocolate and the pistachio.
- Flour helps give the cookies shape and body. Make sure to measure using the scoop and level technique so you don’t end up with dense cookies.
- Baking soda helps the cookies rise just slightly so they stay light and chewy.
- I’m using pistachios and white chocolate in these cookies but you can use any add-ins you like.
Looking for more cookies recipes? Check these out!
- Andes Mint Cookies
- White Chocolate Macadamia Nut Cookies
- Dark Chocolate Pretzel Cookies
- Chocolate Hazelnut Cookies
- 10 tablespoons butter, melted
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 1 large egg
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
- 1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 cup white chocolate chips
- 1/2 cup pistachios
- In a large bowl, whisk together the melted butter and granulated sugar until well combined.
- Next, add the egg and vanilla and whisk to combine.
- Add the flour and baking soda and stir just until no large lumps remain - make sure not to over mix.
- Add the white chocolate chips and pistachios and fold them in gently.
- Transfer the batter to the fridge and chill for 30 minutes. While the dough chills, preheat your oven to 375 degrees F.
- Line a large baking sheet with parchment paper or a silpat mat. Scoop one tablespoon sized balls onto the baking sheet, making sure to place them at least two inches apart.
- Bake for 15 minutes, or until the edges of the cookies are set and just starting to brown - the center will be soft.
- Allow the cookies to cool fully on the tray. They will set as they cool.
- Enjoy immediately or store any leftovers in an airtight container at room temperature for up to three days.
Never miss a Mildly Meandering recipe
Check out the web story for this recipe by clicking HERE.