Gather the cupcake ingredients - * Milk * Vegetable oil * Eggs * Vanilla extract * Sugar * Flour * Baking cocoa * Baking powder
In a large bowl, whisk together the milk, vegetable oil, eggs, and vanilla. Add the granulated sugar and whisk to combine.
Add the flour, cocoa, and baking powder. Mix just until combined.
- Divide the batter between the cupcakes tins, filling each one with about 1/4 cup of batter. – Bake the cupcakes for 18-20 minutes. – Remove the cupcakes to a wire rack and set them aside to cool.
Gather the jam ingredients - * Raspberries * Cornstarch * Sugar
- Add the raspberries, sugar, and cornstarch to a medium saucepan set over medium-high heat. - Bring the mixture to a boil and then reduce the heat to low and simmer until the jam has thickened.
– Place the jam in a fine mesh sieve set over a bowl. Push the jam through the sieve, making sure to remove all of the seeds. - Set the jam aside to cool.
Gather the frosting ingredients - * Raspberry jam * Powdered sugar * Butter * Vanilla extract
– When the jam has cooled, add it to the bowl of a stand mixer. Add the softened butter and beat on medium speed until combined. – Slowly add the powdered sugar and vanilla. – Turn the mixer to medium-high speed and beat until the buttercream becomes light and fluffy.
– Cut a small hole (about 3/4") out of the center of each cupcake and fill it with 1-2 teaspoons of raspberry jam. Place the piece of cut out cake back on top to cover the jam. – Pipe the raspberry buttercream on top and garnish with a fresh raspberry.
Enjoy immediately or store any leftovers in an airtight container in the fridge for up to three days. Bring to room temperature before enjoying.
Full recipe at mildlymeandering.com