with ricotta filling and mascarpone frosting
Gather the cupcake ingredients - * Flour * Sugar * Baking powder * Vegetable oil * Milk * Eggs * Vanilla extract
– In a large bowl, whisk together the flour, sugar, and baking powder. – Add the vegetable oil, milk, eggs, and vanilla. Whisk to combine - just until no large lumps of flour remain.
- Divide the batter between the muffin tins. – Bake for 18-20 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean. – Remove the cupcakes to a wire rack to cool.
Gather the cannoli filling ingredients - * Ricotta * Powdered sugar * Mini chocolate chips * Vanilla extract * Cinnamon
– In a small bowl, whisk together the ricotta, powdered sugar, and vanilla. – Add the chocolate chips and cinnamon, stir to combine. Set aside until ready to use.
Gather the frosting ingredients - * Mascarpone cheese * Butter * Powdered sugar * Vanilla extract
– Add the butter and mascarpone to the bowl of a stand mixer. Beat on medium speed until smooth and creamy. – With the mixer on low, slowly add the powdered sugar followed by the vanilla extract. – Turn the mixer to high speed and beat until it becomes light and fluffy. – Transfer the frosting to a piping bag fitted with your choice of tip.
– Scoop a small hole out of the center of each cupcake. – Fill each cupcake with 1 tablespoon of cannoli filling and place the top of the cake back on top of the cannoli filling.
Pipe the frosting on top and garnish.
Store any leftover cupcakes in an airtight container in the fridge for up to two days.
Full recipe at mildlymeandering.com