with vanilla mascarpone frosting
Gather the cupcake ingredients - * Milk * Oil * Eggs * Vanilla extract * Sugar * Flour * Baking powder
In a large bowl, whisk together the milk, vegetable oil, eggs, and vanilla.
- Next, add the sugar and whisk to combine. – Finally, add the flour and baking powder. Whisk just until combined - you don't want to overmix.
- Divide the batter between the muffin tins, filling each one with 1/4 cup of batter. – Bake 16-18 minutes. – Remove the cupcakes to a wire rack and allow them to cool.
Gather the berry sauce ingredients - * Raspberries * Strawberries * Blueberries * Lemon * Cornstarch
Add all of the ingredients to a small saucepan set over medium heat.
– Cook, stirring often, for 5-7 minutes or until berries have broken down and the sauce has thickened. – Remove the pan from the heat and allow it to cool completely before filling the cupcakes.
Gather the frosting ingredients - * Mascarpone cheese * Butter * Powdered sugar * Vanilla extract
– Add the softened butter and mascarpone to the bowl of a stand mixer fitted with the paddle attachment. Beat on medium speed until well combined. – Turn the mixer to low speed and slowly add the powdered sugar and vanilla. – Turn the mixer to medium speed and beat until the frosting is light and fluffy.
– To assemble the cupcakes, cut a small hole from the center of each cupcake (about the size of a quarter and 1/4" deep). – Fill the hole with 1-2 teaspoons of berry filling.
Place the cut out piece of cake back on top.
Pipe the vanilla mascarpone frosting on top of each cupcake and garnish with a fresh berry and/or sprinkles, if desired.