Vanilla Bean Pizzelle Cookies – A crisp Italian cookie made in a pizzelle press with a gorgeous design. An elegant treat perfect for a Christmas cookie exchange!
Vanilla Bean Pizzelle Cookies
It’s Freaky Friday time again! This time, it is our Christmas Cookie Exchange and I am so excited to share my Vanilla Bean Pizzelle Cookies recipe from Fully Belly Sisters with you guys! Freaky Friday is where a bunch of bloggers are all assigned different blogs and we make a recipe from their site to share! None of us know who is assigned to our site so it ends up a fun surprise and a great way to get to know each other and our sites better! It is organized by Michaela from An Affair from the Heart and it’s so fun!
For this round, I was assigned Full Belly Sisters and was so excited! Justine makes incredible healthy, yet delicious recipes that all look so tasty! I need to try out her Blueberry Dutch Baby and Burrata with Cranberries and Pistachios soon! I ended up deciding on making her Vanilla Bean Pizzelle “Snowflake Cookies” because well, they are just gorgeous! Surprisingly, I hadn’t tried pizzelle cookies before but they had been on my list of things to bake this holiday season already so I knew it was meant to be! These little crispy Italian cookies would be so great to give in a Christmas cookie exchange, pizzelle are elegant and making a big batch is really easy. This pizzelle recipe alone make about 24 cookies.
Tips on vanilla bean pizzelle cookies recipe
- Make sure you have a pizzelle maker! I picked this one up on Amazon and have already found a whole bunch of other recipes to make with it too. Definitely worth picking up!
- If you don’t have vanilla bean paste, you can use a high quality vanilla extract instead but the vanilla bean paste really tastes the flavor to a whole new level.
- The only change I made to her recipe was it called for 1 cup white whole wheat flour and 1/2 cup almond flour but I didn’t happen to have it on hand but feel free to use those instead of all-purpose flour.
- Getting the pizzelle cookies to be centered in the press took quite a bit of practice, I found that putting the batter a little above the middle worked the best in my press.
Make sure to check out all of the other Freaky Friday posts!
- 3 eggs
- 2/3 cups sugar
- 1/2 cup butter, melted
- 1 3/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 tbsp vanilla bean paste
- 2 tsp baking powder
- pinch of salt
- powdered sugar, for dusting
- In a large mixing bowl, beat together eggs and sugar. Add in vanilla bean pasta and butter and continue to mix.
- In a large mixing bowl, sift together flour, baking powder, and salt. Add dry ingredients into wet ingredients in three batches, completely mixing each time.
- Cook pizzelle cookies according to the directions for your machine, mine had to cook 40 seconds after the machine heated up but this may vary machine to machine.
- Dust with powdered sugar and serve.