Vanilla Bean Pizzelle Cookies – A crisp Italian cookie made in a pizzelle press with a gorgeous design. An elegant treat perfect for a Christmas cookie exchange!
Vanilla Bean Pizzelle Cookies
It’s Freaky Friday time again! This time, it is our Christmas Cookie Exchange and I am so excited to share my Vanilla Bean Pizzelle Cookies recipe from Fully Belly Sisters with you guys! Freaky Friday is where a bunch of bloggers are all assigned different blogs and we make a recipe from their site to share! None of us know who is assigned to our site so it ends up a fun surprise and a great way to get to know each other and our sites better! It is organized by Michaela from An Affair from the Heart and it’s so fun!
For this round, I was assigned Full Belly Sisters and was so excited! Justine makes incredible healthy, yet delicious recipes that all look so tasty! I need to try out her Blueberry Dutch Baby and Burrata with Cranberries and Pistachios soon! I ended up deciding on making her Vanilla Bean Pizzelle “Snowflake Cookies” because well, they are just gorgeous! Surprisingly, I hadn’t tried pizzelle cookies before but they had been on my list of things to bake this holiday season already so I knew it was meant to be! These little crispy Italian cookies would be so great to give in a Christmas cookie exchange, pizzelle are elegant and making a big batch is really easy. This pizzelle recipe alone make about 24 cookies.
Tips on vanilla bean pizzelle cookies recipe
- Make sure you have a pizzelle maker! I picked this one up on Amazon and have already found a whole bunch of other recipes to make with it too. Definitely worth picking up!
- If you don’t have vanilla bean paste, you can use a high quality vanilla extract instead but the vanilla bean paste really tastes the flavor to a whole new level.
- The only change I made to her recipe was it called for 1 cup white whole wheat flour and 1/2 cup almond flour but I didn’t happen to have it on hand but feel free to use those instead of all-purpose flour.
- Getting the pizzelle cookies to be centered in the press took quite a bit of practice, I found that putting the batter a little above the middle worked the best in my press.
Make sure to check out all of the other Freaky Friday posts!
Vanilla Bean Pizzelle Cookies
A crisp Italian cookie made in a pizzelle press with a gorgeous design. An elegant treat perfect for a Christmas cookie exchange!
- 3 eggs
- 2/3 cups sugar
- 1/2 cup butter melted
- 1 3/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 tbsp vanilla bean paste
- 2 tsp baking powder
- pinch of salt
- powdered sugar for dusting
In a large mixing bowl, beat together eggs and sugar. Add in vanilla bean pasta and butter and continue to mix.
In a large mixing bowl, sift together flour, baking powder, and salt. Add dry ingredients into wet ingredients in three batches, completely mixing each time.
Cook pizzelle cookies according to the directions for your machine, mine had to cook 40 seconds after the machine heated up but this may vary machine to machine.
Dust with powdered sugar and serve.