Tuscan Pasta Salad – A great summer side dish ready in just minutes! Cheese tortellini tossed with sundried tomatoes, fresh mozzarella, spinach, parmesan, and balsamic!
Tuscan Pasta Salad
Pasta salad is a bbq or cookout staple! It’s always the first thing I go for when I am filling my plate with fixings during the summer and since I made the strawberry balsamic pasta salad a while back, I’ve been trying to think up other fun variations on classic pasta salad.
Now this pasta salad recipe is super easy to make, you need just a few ingredients and less than 20 minutes! It’s made with tortellini, salami, fresh mozzarella, sundried tomatoes, spinach, and parmesan and then topped with a homemade balsamic glaze. I suggest using either fresh or dried tortellini instead of frozen, they seem to turn out the best in this recipe!
Common questions about making pasta salad
What do you put in your pasta salad?
There are many different options for what you can put into a pasta salad including:
- green olives
- bell pepper
How do you make a cold pasta salad?
To make a cold pasta salad, you simply combine the desired ingredients including cold pasta and toppings along with the dressing. Stir until well combined and then refrigerate for at least 2 hours. This helps the flavors all seep together.
Are pasta salads healthy?
While traditional pasta salads are not the healthiest, you may make substitutions that will ad nutritional value. In this recipe, you could:
- Use a lean white meat such as chicken instead of salami for protein
- Substitute in a whole wheat pasta instead of the tortellini
- Add extra vegetables
- Use fresh tomatoes instead of sundried tomatoes
Do you rinse pasta for a cold pasta salad?
Yes, to help cool off the pasta, you do rinse the pasta for a cold pasta salad.
Can’t get enough of this tuscan pasta salad recipe? Try these other recipes!
Check out the video for this pasta salad recipe!
- 1 package tortellini
- 2 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1/2 tablespoon honey
- 1/2 teaspoon italian seasoning
- 1/2 cup salami, chopped
- 1/2 cup spinach, chopped
- 1/2 cup sundried tomatoes, chopped
- 2 tablespoons parmesan, shredded
- Cook tortellini according to packaging. Rinse under cool water and let cool.
- In a small mixing bowl, combine balsamic vinegar, olive oil, and honey. Stir until well combined.
- In a large mixing bowl, combine tortellini, balsamic glaze, salami, spinach, sundried tomatoes, and parmesan. Stir until combined. Let sit in the refridgerator at least 2 hours before serving.
- Antica Italia Aged Italian Balsamic Vinegar of Modena IGP 16.9 Ounce (500ml)
- Trader Joe's California Sun-Dried Tomatoes, 3 oz - 2 Pack
- Pyrex Glass Mixing Bowl Set (3-Piece)
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 139 Total Fat: 9g Saturated Fat: 3g Trans Fat: 0g Unsaturated Fat: 6g Cholesterol: 20mg Sodium: 324mg Carbohydrates: 9g Net Carbohydrates: 0g Fiber: 1g Sugar: 3g Sugar Alcohols: 0g Protein: 6g