Thank you Wild Selections® for sponsoring this post. For a more sustainable meal, be sure to check out Wild Selections® premium seafood — it’s always healthy, always Marine Stewardship Council certified, and always delicious!
Thai Tuna Burgers – An incredible weeknight meal filled with flavor. Thai-flavored tuna patties topped with a spicy peanut slaw. These are the ultimate tuna burgers!
I am just loving these thai tuna burgers! They are surprisingly easy to make, I have been whipping them up for lunch all week but they taste like you have spent hours preparing them! The tuna burgers are packed with fantastic flavor and the peanut slaw on top complements the burger so well. If you love tuna, then you need to make these tuna burgers!
When I was getting all of the ingredients I need to make these tuna burgers, I discovered Wild Selections! They source wild-caught seafood from areas that have been certified sustainable by the Marine Stewardship Council (MSC) Standard and they donate 13 cents from each can to the World Wildlife Fund’s efforts to expand sustainable fishing practices and protect marine life. Sustainablity is key for Wild Selections so that you can feel great about the tuna you are eating. Their products are non-GMO verified and they only use simple ingredients.
Something I really loved about this burger is how great I felt about everything in it. Between the tuna and the veggies on top all inside a whole grain bun, I was full after eating just one burger and could not wait to make another batch with the extra cans of Wild Selections tuna I bought!
Tips and tricks on this thai tuna burgers recipe
- Try adding 1/4 teaspoon of tumeric to the patties when you are mixing them together. The tumeric adds a great flavor and pop of color but it is totally optional.
- How do you make tuna burgers? It’s super easy, you just mix the ingredients together, form into patties, cook over medium for for 4 minutes on each side, and serve. That’s it!
- You can sub in 2 tablespoons of coconut flour for the panko bread crumbs.
- For the slaw, either broccoli slaw or shredded carrots work really well. Personally, they were out of broccoli slaw at my local grocery store so I went for the carrots instead.
- 10 oz of tuna is two cans of Wild Selections Solid White Albacore Tuna in Water.
Thai Tuna Burgers
Thai Tuna Burgers - An incredible weeknight meal filled with flavor. Thai-flavored tuna patties topped with a spicy peanut slaw. These are the ultimate tuna burgers!
- 10 oz Wild Selections Solid White Albacore Tuna in Water
- 1 egg
- 1/4 cup panko breadcrumbs
- 2 tablespoons green onions thinly sliced
- 1 teaspoon soy sauce
- 2 cloves garlic minced
- 1/2 teaspoon grated ginger
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- Pinch of pepper
- 2 cups broccoli slaw or shredded carrots
- 2 tablespoons peanut butter melted
- 1 teaspoon sesame oil
- 1/4 teaspoon chile oil or sriracha
- 2 tablespoons unsalted peanuts crushed
- 4 burger buns
Mix all slaw ingredients in a small mixing bowl. Set aside for a few minutes to marinate.
Drain tuna and then place in a mixing bowl. Break up tuna using a fork and then combine all other ingredients for tuna burger, mixing until well combined. Place in fridge for 5-10 minutes to help patties stick together.
Place a frying pan over medium heat. Pout 1 tablespoon of coconut oil or olive oil onto the pan. Form the tuna mixture into four even patties before cooking each for 3-5 minutes then flipping and cooking another 3-5 minutes. Each side should be a nice golden brown.
Once tuna burgers have cooked, place each tuna burger on a bun and top with peanut slaw. Serve warm.
I was selected for this opportunity as a member of CLEVER and the content and opinions expressed here are all my own.