Thank you Village Harvest for sponsoring this post. Every day Village Harvest is planting seeds of change and growing possibilities, one bag of goodness at a time.
Check out Village Harvest by clicking though the image below!
Thai Buddha Bowl – A quick and easy healthy meal packed with flavors! This buddha bowl is made with sweet potatoes, chickpeas, bell pepper, avocado, and thai green curry rice.
Have you tried making a buddha bowl yet because I am obsessed! I love the flexibility and how filling they are! A buddha bowl is such an awesome way to get in those veggies and grains in a way you feel good about while also enjoying yourself because the meal is so delicious! Additionally, as a college student, my life can be really hectic. With exams just finishing up, I have been looking for meals to make that take 30 minutes or less that are high quality and this recipe is everything I was hoping for!
To make this buddha bowl, I started with the star of the show, the rice. I chose to use Village Harvest Origins Collection Thai Green Curry rice, an incredible rice from Thailand that tastes authentic and is ready to be on your dining table in only 90 seconds. It’s convenience without compromising on flavor or quality. Their products are organic and non-GMO, 100% whole grain, and gluten-free, made to ignite your appetite with recipes created by chefs at origin. The other varieties available are Basmati and Lentil, Lemon and Rice, and Tikka Masala, which are all from India along with the other from Thailand, the Coconut Tumeric. They all taste so incredible!
This definitely is a recipe that lets the rice shine through with the other vegetables being subtle accents that complement the Thai Green Curry rice. I chose to add in sweet potato, red bell pepper, chickpeas, and avocado for a good balance of texture, flavor, and protein. This recipe is vegetarian too!
- 1 package Village Harvest Origins Collection Thai Green Curry rice
- 1-2 large sweet potatoes, peeled and cubed
- 1 can chickpeas, drained and rinsed
- 1 avocado, sliced
- 1 bell pepper, sliced
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees and line a sheet pan with aluminum foil.
- Place chickpeas, bell pepper, and sweet potatoes on the sheet pan and drizzle with olive oil. Sprinkle with salt and pepper before placing in the oven to bake for 25 minutes or until chickpeas are crisp and sweet potatoes are cooked through.
- Prepare rice according to the directions on the packaging.
- To assemble. Divide cooked rice between two bowls and then top with chickpeas, sweet potatoes, bell pepper, and avocado slices. I kept all of my toppings pretty seperated but you can mix them together if you would like. Serve immediately.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 673
I was selected for this opportunity as a member of CLEVER and the content and opinions expressed here are all my own.