Sugar Cookie Truffles – Sugar cookie truffles topped with white chocolate and sprinkles! These truffles are perfect for Christmas cookie exchanges!
Sugar Cookie Truffles
Truffles are one of my favorite holiday treats to make. Whether you call them cookie balls or truffles, they are so tasty! After having leftover sugar cookies when I made them a few weeks back, I decided that I should do something crazy and blend them up with some cream cheese and roll them in white chocolate. It ended up turning out so well that I am sharing them with you guys today!
The biggest thing to keep in mind when you are making these truffles is that they take about an hour from start to finish. You have to let them freeze for about 30 minutes or else they will just crumble when you try to coat them. You can always just skip coating them if you want and just have them as cookie balls, they taste just as amazing!
Common Questions About Making Sugar Cookie Truffles
Can I use pre-made sugar cookies?
Of course! You can use homemade sugar cookies, sugar cookies from a mix, or even store bought sugar cookies. I love to use leftover sugar cookies from the holidays but it’s totally up to you!
Can I use chocolate instead of white chocolate?
You sure can! You could also roll them in a mix of chocolate and white chocolate or even just drizzle them with chocolate.
Can I freeze the truffles?
Yes, freezing the truffles until you are ready to serve them works great.
What can I decorate sugar cookie truffles with?
There are so many options! Some of my favorite ways to decorate them include –
- Crushed candy canes
- Drizzle of red or green candy melts
Looking for more Christmas truffle recipes? Check these out!
- 12 sugar cookies (about 3-4 cups once they are crushed)
- 4 tablespoons cream cheese (softened)
- 2 cups white chocolate candy melts or almond bark
- In a food processor, blend the sugar cookies until they are fine crumbs. Add in cream cheese and process again until fully combined.
- Using a 1" cookie scoop, roll out truffles into balls and place on a sheet pan lined with parchment paper. Repeat until all of the cookie mixture has been used.
- Place sheet pan in freezer for at least 30 minutes.
- Once the truffles have finished up firming up in the freezer, place white chocolate in a microwave safe bowl and heat until melted. Roll each truffle in the white chocolate until fully coated and then transfer back to the lined sheet pan. Sprinkle sprinkles on top immediately or the white chocolate will harden too much to decorate. Repeat with remaining truffles and then freeze until ready to serve.