Strawberry Cobbler – A summertime staple made just a few simple ingredients! A homemade strawberry filling topped with a ooey gooey topping that is perfect served with ice cream!
It’s starting to feel like summer outside! We had a single 70 degree day this week and I was ready for it with shorts, cold drinks, and fruity desserts. Nothing says summer more than strawberries to me as they are a staple up here with locally grown berries being a really big deal. I decided I wanted to make a simple cobbler to showcase them and I was not disappointed. Each bite has the perfect balance of strawberries and cakey cobbler topping. I like serving it with a big scoop vanilla ice cream.
Common Questions About Making a Strawberry Cobbler
What is a strawberry cobbler?
Strawberry cobbler is a simple dessert made by covering fresh strawberries with a cakey topping. It is best served warm but it can be made ahead of time.
How many servings does this recipe make?
This recipe makes about 8 servings.
How long does this cobbler last?
This cobbler lasts up to three days when covered with plastic wrap and stored in the refrigerator. I suggest popping it in the oven to warm up for a few minutes before serving as it is best served warm.
What can I serve this cake with?
I love serving this cobbler with vanilla bean ice cream or homemade whipped cream!
Can I use a different fruit?
Absolutely, you can directly substitute in fruits and berries such as blueberries, raspberries, blackberries, apples, etc.
Looking for more summer dessert recipes? Check these out!
Strawberry Cobbler - A summertime staple made just a few simple ingredients! A homemade strawberry filling topped with a ooey gooey topping that is perfect served with ice cream!
For the Filling
- 2 quarts strawberries, quartered
- 2 tablespoons granulated sugar
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
For the Topping
- 1/3 cup butter
- 1 1/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 3/4 cup milk
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F.
- Place butter into a 9x13 dish and allow to melt in the oven while the oven preheats.
- Mix together the strawberries, sugar, cornstarch, and lemon juice. Pour into the prepared baking dish with butter.
- In a large mixing bowl, stir together the flour, sugar, baking powder, and salt.
- Stir in milk until smooth.
- Scoop the batter onto the top of the fruit filling.
- Bake in preheated oven for 40-45 minutes, until the filling is bubbly and topping is golden brown.
- Allow to cool for at least 15 minutes before serving.
Make sure to follow along on Pinterest for more Mildly Meandering recipes!
Check out the web story for this recipe by clicking HERE.
Sunday 23rd of April 2023
Strawberry is too sweet. Not for me. What's about sugar free.
Wednesday 19th of April 2023
We love Strawberry 🍓 😍 Cobbler and Couli