Strawberry Cheesecake Brownies – A fun spin on classic brownies made with a layer of cheesecake filling and a swirl of strawberry jam. A great easy dessert recipe!
Strawberry Cheesecake Brownies
As you may know, I have a little secret… I love boxed brownie mix. I know, I should be fancier than that but man, something about the consistency and perfection that is boxed brownies just can’t be beat in my book. I love using it as a base for fun brownie recipe like this where honestly, I don’t think I could tell if I wasn’t told that the brownie batter in it wasn’t from scratch!
For this recipe, I did a fun spin on my raspberry cheesecake brownies and turned them into strawberry cheesecake brownies! I used boxed brownie mix, a homemade cheesecake layer (just 3 simple ingredients), and a swirl of strawberry jam. You most definitely could use your favorite brownie recipe as the base if you prefer that, it will totally still work.
I think this recipe is such a perfect combination of brownies, cheesecake, and strawberries. This is a dessert that would be great for Valentine’s Day or as a simple dessert recipe to impress friends or family with!
Common Questions About Making Strawberry Cheesecake Brownies
What are strawberry cheesecake brownies?
Strawberry cheesecake brownies are basic brownies with a swirl of a homemade cheesecake filling and strawberry jam.
What kind of boxed brownie mix should I use?
Any boxed brownie will work fine. I usually stick to the basics like “fudge brownie” but just use whatever you have on hand or can find.
Do I have to use boxed brownie mix?
No! You are more than welcome to use your favorite basic brownie recipe for the base. I use the boxed brownie mix because it is just so easy but it’s not necessary.
Can I use homemade strawberry jam?
Yes! If you want to use strawberry jam, I suggest THIS recipe, it’s my favorite!
What can else can I use strawberry jam in?
So many things! Some of my favorites include –
- Strawberry coffee cake
- Strawberry stuffed french toast
- Strawberry thumbprint cookies
- Strawberry oatmeal bars
Looking for more brownie recipes? Check these out!
- 1 box of brownie mix
- 8 ounces cream cheese
- 1/4 cup granulated sugar
- 1 egg
- 1 cup strawberry jam
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F and spray a 9x9" pan with nonstick spray.
- Prepare the brownie mix according to the instructions on the back of the box. Pour the brownie batter into the pan.
- In a large mixing bowl, beat together the cream cheese, sugar, and egg until smooth. Pour the cheesecake mixture over the brownie batter in the pan.
- Heat the strawberry jam for 20 seconds in the microwave and drizzle it on top of the brownies. Using a knife or toothpick, swirl the strawberry jam around in the pan. Place the pan in the oven and bake for 50-60 minutes or until you can insert a toothpick into the brownies and it comes out clean.
- Let cool before cutting and serving.
Never miss a Mildly Meandering recipe