Strawberry Cake Truffles – A delicious treat made with just 3 simple ingredients – boxed strawberry cake mix, white chocolate, and cream cheese! Perfect for any holiday or party!
Strawberry Cake Truffles
I kinda love boxed strawberry chip cake mix. Something about it just tastes so comforting and yummy. After making a batch of cherry cake truffles recently, I thought it would be fun to do the same with strawberry cake mix! I love how bright and colorful they are, perfect for spring! Now you could make a homemade strawberry cake and use it in the truffles but I like the simplicity of just using the box of cake mix instead. They taste so amazing that no one will ever know!
Common Questions About Making Strawberry Cake Truffles
Can I use chocolate instead of white chocolate?
You sure can! You could also drizzle them with white chocolate like I did for the pictures.
How should I decorate these truffles?
I used white chocolate that I melted and drizzled it on top of the truffles but you could also use sprinkles or just drizzle chocolate on top of the truffles instead.
Can I freeze the truffles?
Yes, freezing the truffles until you are ready to serve them works great.
What should I do if my truffle filling isn’t forming together?
If your truffles filling (strawberry cake and cream cheese) is loose and isn’t forming into balls, try adding a bit more cream cheese and blending again. That helps them form together more.
Is this a no bake recipe?
Yes and no. I would lean more towards no because you do have to bake the box of cake mix before turning it in to truffles. I usually do it the night before and let it sit on the counter until morning so that it fully cools.
Looking for more truffle recipes? Check these out!
- Lemon Cookie Truffles
- Cherry Cake Truffles
- Red Velvet Cake Truffles
- Nutter Butter Truffles
- Chocolate Cake Truffles
- Mocha Truffles
- Golden Oreo Truffles
- 1 box of strawberry cake mix (cooked according to the instructions on the box)
- 8 ounces cream cheese (softened)
- 16 ounces white chocolate chip morsels (or almond bark)
- In a food processor, blend cooked and cooled strawberry cake until it becomes crumbs. Add in cream cheese and process again until they are fully combined.
- Using a 1" cookie scoop, roll out truffles into balls and place on a sheet pan lined with parchment paper. Repeat until all of the mixture has been used up.
- Place sheet pan in freezer for a few minutes to firm up.
- Once the truffles have firmed up, place white chocolate in a microwave safe bowl and heat until melted.
- Roll each truffle in white chocolate until fully coated and then transfer back to the lined sheet pan. Freeze or refrigerate until ready to serve.