Spinach Artichoke Stuffed Burgers – An amazing spin on a classic turkey burger! This burger is stuffed with homemade spinach artichoke dip and then grilled to perfection. This stuffed burger is oozing with cheese and it’s delicious!
Spinach Artichoke Stuffed Burgers
Burgers are a staple at my house, we make them for dinner at least 1-2 times a week. I love how simple and comforting burgers are and they are great served with another favorite of mine, potatoes. After making my Bacon Cheddar Stuffed Burgers last year, I knew I needed to branch out and try making more stuffed burger recipes because that recipe was life changing. It was the perfect balance of salty bacon, gooey cheddar cheese, and beef inside of a bun. If you haven’t made that recipe yet, go do it for Memorial Day this weekend! Seriously, it’s that good!
So when I heard that Girl Carnivore was doing Burger Month all of May, I hopped right on that train and immediately knew that a stuffed burger recipe was in my future. I decided on a spinach artichoke stuffed burger because I had a beautiful jar of artichoke hearts in my pantry that was dying to be used and the choice was perfect. Although beef would be the normal meat to turn to for a burger, I decided to live a little and go for ground turkey because I love the subtle flavor and I though it would pair really nicely with with flavorful spinach artichoke dip.
Now from the outside, this burger looks boring and average. It’s almost in disguise, hiding what is to come for the eater. When you bite into it, bam! There is so much flavor oozing out! If you want to get fancy and impress your friends when serving one of these burgers, lightly cut it in half and then do an Instagram-worthy cheese pull with it. With so much mozzarella inside, it’s perfect for a cheese pull!
Before you go heat up the grill to start making this spinach artichoke stuffed burgers recipe (because you know you want to), go checkout the giveaway that is happening below. We are giving awesome some awesome stuff that you won’t want to miss out on! Plus, a big thanks to the sponsors who made this event happen, Analon send us some awesome swag that I have been putting to good use like their grill pan (which is perfect for grilling burgers inside) and their knives which have changed my life. I seriously have never enjoyed cutting spinach that much in my life, the knives made it a wonderful experience!
Common questions about making stuffed burgers
How long does it take to grill a stuffed burger?
It should take about 5 minutes, depending on how thick you make the patties, how well you like your burgers cooked, and how hot your grill/pan is. Just keep an eye on them to make sure they don’t get overdone.
What do you put in a burger?
There are so many amazing things to stuff a burger with, here are a few favorites:
- Cheddar cheese
- Sundried tomatoes
- Cream cheese
- and so many more great options!
How do you make a stuffed burger?
There are two different ways to make a stuffed burger. Traditionally, you use split your burger meat into two thin patties and put the filling in the middle of one patty and top it with the other burger patty. The other option only works if you are using drier ingredients such as bacon and chunks of cheese. Using that method, you just cut the add-ins into smaller pieces and just directly mix them into the burger meat before shaping it into patties. That method would not work well with this recipe because of the wetter ingredients.
Other tips and tricks on this spinach artichoke stuffed burger recipe
- The meat in this recipe is interchangeable. You can use ground turkey or opt for ground beef or ground chicken instead, depending on preference.
- If you want to make this burger even more cheese-y, top the burger with mozzarella after you flip it!
- If you want to add a bit of seasoning to the meat, I suggest keeping it simple with just a bit of italian seasoning and Worcestershire sauce in the ground turkey. No need to overpower the spinach artichoke dip.
Can’t get enough of this stuffed burger recipe? Try these other recipes!
- 3 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 1 cup mozzarella, shredded
- 1/4 cup parmesan, shredded
- 1/3 cup frozen spinach, thawed
- 1/3 cup artichoke hearts, chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- Pinch of red pepper flakes
- 1 lbs ground turkey
- 3 burger buns
- In a small mixing bowl, combined the cream cheese, mozzarella, parmesan, frozen spinach, artichoke hearts, garlic, and red pepper flakes. Mix until well combined.
- Dived ground turkey into 6 equal chunks. Flatten each one out to be a thin patty. Divide the spinach artichoke dip evenly onto three of the patties. Top those patties with the three empty patties and gently press the edges together .
- Sprinkle each of the patties with a bit of salt and pepper and then place each onto a grill or a pan over medium-high heat. Cook until the burger begins to brown (should take about 4-5 minutes) before flipping and cooking until that side is done too. Remove from grill or pan and place on a burger bun. Serve immediately.