Homemade Chai Tea Latte – A delicious, warm drink made with chai tea, a blend of authentic spices, and warm milk. Easy to make and it tastes incredible!
Chai tea lattes are a weakness of mine! I just love the combination of flavors and it is one of my go-to drinks but I had never actually made one at home before! Now I don’t think I could go back to buying them at coffee shops! It was surprisingly easy to make too!
How to make a chai tea latte? This was the question that started my quest to make this recipe and it’s a lot easier than expected! The ingredients you need for a chai tea latte are probably already in your pantry!
I whipped these up to go with my Spiced Chai Tea Mini Bundt Cakes and wow, that was the perfect combination of treats! My friend (and fellow chai tea fan) and I loved both of the recipes together! This chai tea latte is such an elegant drink. If you want to jazz it up, add some whipped cream and cinnamon to the top! I was so glad to be able to use these beautiful tea cups again for this, they looked so nice with the chai in them! They might look a bit familiar as I also ended up using them for the Lavender Lemon Earl Grey Ice Cream a few days back too.
Notes on chai tea latte recipe
- Don’t have a fine mesh strainer on hand? You can use a blender instead to remove any chunks!
- Let cool and serve the drink over ice for an iced chai tea latte!
- 2 chai tea bags
- 1/2 cup water
- 1 cup milk
- 1 tbsp pure maple syrup or honey
- 1/4 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/4 tsp cinnamon
- 1/8 tsp ginger
- 1/8 tsp nutmeg
- 1/8 tsp cloves
- Bring water to a boil in a small saucepan. Take off heat and place tea bags in to steep for 5 minutes. Remove tea bags.
- Add all ingredients to the saucepan and stir.
- Pour through a fine, mesh strainer to remove any chunks of spices and pour into a glass to serve.
Love fall drink recipes?
Make sure to check out these recipes from other bloggers:
Pumpkin Spice Latte from Who Needs a Cape?
Mexican Mocha from Life Currents
Pumpkin Apple Punch from Take Two Tapas