Snickerdoodle Pancakes – All of your favorite snickerdoodle cookies flavors in a simple pancake recipe! Cinnamon vanilla pancakes topped with cinnamon sugar and a homemade vanilla sauce! This is the best pancake recipe for snickerdoodle fans!
So in case you missed it, snickerdoodle cookies are my absolute favorite! By now, I’ve made everything from snickerdoodle iced coffee to snickerdoodle mug cakes and they always seem to be a hit! For the first day of #BrunchWeek, I knew I wanted to make pancakes so I set to work brainstorming creative spins on this brunch classic before having an epiphany – Snickerdoodle Pancakes. Right then, I knew that I wanted these to be everything a snickerdoodle cookie was and more. This simple pancake recipe is jam packed with cinnamon and vanilla, rolled in cinnamon sugar just like a snickerdoodle cookie, and topped with an incredible warm vanilla sauce. This stack of snickerdoodle pancakes is truly a dream come true for snickerdoodle fans like me.
Whether you make these for breakfast, brunch, or breakfast for dinner, these snickerdoodle pancakes are so delicious and an easy way to feed a crowd. I made a batch of hash browns and bacon to go with these pancakes and it was basically the best meal ever! I want to give a big thanks to Dixie Sugar for all the sugar that they sent everyone who participated in #BrunchWeek, I put the sugar I got to good use in this pancake recipe.
Common Questions About Making Snickerdoodle Pancakes
Can you double this pancake recipe?
Yes, I actually tripled the recipe and it turned out great.
Do these pancakes reheat well?
Yes, if you don’t dip them in butter and then put them in the cinnamon sugar. Do that after you reheat them.
Can you freeze these pancakes?
Yes, you can freeze them by putting them right into a ziploc bag and then into the freezer. Again, if you choose to do this, they store significantly better if you do not put them in the butter and cinnamon sugar mixture before freezing. If you freeze them, I suggest heating them up in a toaster oven until warm and then covering them in butter and cinnamon sugar.
Why do my pancakes turn out rubbery?
This can happen if you over mix the batter. To avoid this, mix the batter until it just comes together. If there are some lumps, that is okay.
Looking for more easy breakfast recipes? Check out these recipes!
Strawberry Cheesecake Pancakes – These pancakes are jam packed with cream cheese and fresh strawberry and topped with fresh strawberry syrup.
Blackberry Bread – A delicious quick bread ready in just 1 hour. Blackberry bread is a great way to use up extra fresh blackberries and it tastes great!
Lemon Poppyseed Scones – A classic scones with fresh lemon juice and poppyseeds!
Apple Fritter Monkey Bread – Balls of biscuit dough and rolled in butter and cinnamon sugar combined with apples and baked until caramelized.
Chai Coffee Cake Muffins – Coffee cake muffins flavored with chai spices and topped with a delicious crumb topping!
- 1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 cup buttermilk
- 1/4 cup brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 large egg, beaten
- 3 tablespoons butter, melted
- 3 tablespoons granulated sugar
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 3 tablespoons granulated sugar
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 1 1/4 cups half-and-half
- 1 tablespoon butter, unsalted
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 teaspoon vanilla bean paste, optional
- Mix together cinnamon and sugar on a plate large enough to fit a pancake. Set aside.
- In a large mixing bowl, combine flour, buttermilk, brown, sugar, baking powder, baking soda, vanilla, cinnamon, and egg. Mix until well combined but do not over mix!
- Lightly spread butter over either a griddle or a pan over medium heat. Pour 1/4 cup of batter and spread evenly into a circle. Cook until the edge of the pancake starts to brown and bubbles start to form. Flip and cook until the bottom browns. Repeat with remaining batter. To get golden rings on pancakes, put a bit of butter on the griddle before pouring each pancake.
- Once a pancake has cooked, brush melted butter on both sides and place in on the plate with the cinnamon sugar. Flip the pancake around on there until it is coated evenly. Repeat with all of the pancakes right before serving.
- In a small saucepan over medium heat, mix together sugar and cornstarch. Add in half-and-half, butter, vanilla extract, and vanilla bean paste. Bring to a boil and cook for 2 minutes, regularly stirring. Remove from heat and serve with pancakes warm.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
UNICOOK 2 Pack Flexible Silicone Spatula, Turner, 600F Heat Resistant, Ideal for Flipping Eggs, Burgers, Crepes and More, BPA Free, FDA Approved and LFGB Certified
KitchenAid Classic Series 4.5 Quart Tilt-Head Stand Mixer, Onyx Black (K45SSOB)
Presto 07061 22-inch Electric Griddle With Removable Handles
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 253Total Fat: 11gSaturated Fat: 7gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 4gCholesterol: 50mgSodium: 317mgCarbohydrates: 34gFiber: 1gSugar: 16gProtein: 5g
This nutritional information can vary depending on the specific products you choose so this is a general guess of the correct nutritional information based on the products I used. Please keep that in mind when making the recipe.
Never miss a Mildly Meandering recipe