Snickerdoodle Cupcakes – All of your favorite snickerdoodle cookie flavors in a cupcake. Light and fluffy cinnamon cupcakes topped with a cinnamon buttercream frosting! This recipe is easy and delicious!
Snickerdoodle recipes are the best! Between my snickerdoodle mug cake, snickerdoodle truffles, and more, I have my fair share of these delicious cinnamon desserts! These cupcakes are so light and fluffy and the cinnamon buttercream frosting complements the base so well. Trust me, you aren’t going to be able to eat just one! Snickerdoodle cupcakes are really perfect all year round but I really think they fit best in the fall season. They would be so perfect with a nice pumpkin spice latte on a chilly fall day!
Common Questions About Making Snickerdoodle Cupcakes
What are snickerdoodle cupcakes?
Snickerdoodle cupcakes are simple vanilla cupcakes with cinnamon mixed into the batter and topped with a cinnamon buttercream frosting.
How can I make the perfect cupcakes?
- Follow the recipe – While I totally understand dietary restrictions, if you plan on making changes to the ingredients, I cannot guarantee the recipe will work. If you are facing this problem, I will gently suggest that you may want to consider finding a cupcake recipe on a site that specifically develops for the diet you are on such as a keto baking website or vegan baking website. Too many times have I seen recipes for wrong for people because they started to adjust the recipe too much.
- Don’t over-mix the cupcakes – If you want to keep cupcakes light and airy, avoiding over-mixing is key. Mix until just barely combined.
- Let the cupcakes completely cool before frosting – This is a classic mistake that people constantly make (including me). Your cupcakes are done baking, you are ready to sit down and eat one so you touch the cupcake and say “this is most definitely cool” even though it’s only been out of the oven for like, 5 minutes. Wrong. Your frosting will just slide off the cupcake and it’ll be really sad. To be safe, I’d say give them 1-2 hours before frosting.
- Don’t over fill the cupcake liners – If you overfill the cupcake liners, you will definitely have some overflow which isn’t pretty and elegant. Stick to filling each liner about 3/4 full.
- Spin the cupcake tin halfway through cooking – An oven’s heat is generally not terribly even so a simple way to make sure all of the cupcakes cook all the way through is to spin the pan about 1/2 way through baking 180 degrees.
What other types of cupcakes can I make?
There are so many fun varieties of cupcakes to make! Some of the best are –
Looking for more snickerdoodle recipes? Check these recipes out!
- 1 2/3 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup white sugar
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 1/2 tsp cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 1/4 tsp baking soda
- 3/4 cup buttermilk
- 1/2 cup butter, melted
- 1/4 cup sour cream
- 2 tsp vanilla
- 2 egg whites
- pinch of salt
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter (softened)
- 2 cups confectioners sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- Pinch of salt
- Preheat oven to 350°F and line muffin tin with cupcake liners. Set aside.
- In a large mixing bowl, combine flour, baking soda, baking powder, cinnamon, and salt. Stir and then set aside.
- In another mixing bowl, beat egg whites with a hand mixer well until hard peaks form. Fold in butter, buttermilk, white sugar, brown sugar, vanilla, and sour cream until combined. Do not over mix.
- Slowly fold in dry ingredients into wet ingredients.
- Once batter is well combined, scoop into lined muffin tins. Bake for 15-17 minutes.
- Let cool before frosting.
- In a mixing bowl, combine butter. Beat with a hand mixer until well combined. Slowly add in sugar, cinnamon, salt, and vanilla. Continue to mix until light and creamy.
- Transfer to a large piping bag fitted with an extra large tip.
- Frost snickerdoodle cupcakes with the buttercream frosting.
- Store in an airtight container in the fridge for up to 3 days.
Never miss a Mildly Meandering recipe
Make sure to check out the web story for this recipe by clicking HERE.