Snickerdoodle Cupcakes – Light and fluffy snickerdoodle cupcakes topped with a cinnamon buttercream frosting! This recipe is easy and delicious!
Snickerdoodle recipes are the best! Between my Snickerdoodle Iced Coffee, Caramel Apple Snickerdoodle Cookie Cups, and Snickerdoodle Mug Cake, I have my fair share of these delicious cinnamon desserts! These cupcakes are so light and fluffy and the cinnamon buttercream frosting complements the base so well. Trust me, you aren’t going to be able to eat just one! Snickerdoodle Cupcakes are really perfect all year round but I really think they fit best in the fall season. They would be so perfect with a nice pumpkin spice latte on a chilly fall day!
I whipped these snickerdoodle cupcakes up along with a batch of my Mimosa Cupcakes a few months back and they were a huge hit with everyone, young and old! I got a bit ambitious and made 3 whole batches of cupcakes for the party which was more than enough cupcake baking for me for about the next year! Cupcakes are so much fun to make, I love the personal size and best of all, frosting them!
Notes on snickerdoodle cupcakes recipe
- Want to make a brown sugar buttercream frosting? Sub 3 tbsp brown sugar for 1/2 cup of the powdered sugar in the frosting!
- Try adding some caramelized apple to the top! In a small saucepan, combine 2 cups diced apple, 1 tbsp cinnamon, 1/4 tsp vanilla, and 1/4 cup pure maple syrup. Simmer over medium heat for 10 minutes, occasionally stirring. They will be amazing on top!
- 1 2/3 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup white sugar
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 1/2 tsp cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 1/4 tsp baking soda
- 3/4 cup buttermilk
- 1/2 cup butter, melted
- 1/4 cup sour cream
- 2 tsp vanilla
- 2 egg whites
- pinch of salt
- 1 tbsp sugar
- 1/8 tsp cinnamon
- Preheat oven to 350°F and line muffin tin with cupcake liners. Set aside.
- In a large mixing bowl, combine flour, baking soda, baking powder, cinnamon, and salt. Stir and then set aside.
- In another mixing bowl, beat egg whites with a hand mixer well until hard peaks form. Fold in butter, buttermilk, white sugar, brown sugar, vanilla, and sour cream until combined. Do not over mix.
- Slowly fold in dry ingredients into wet ingredients.
- Once batter is well combined, scoop into lined muffin tins. Bake for 15-17 minutes.
- Let cool before frosting.
- In a mixing bowl, combine butter and cream cheese. Beat with a hand mixer until well combined. Slowly add in sugar and vanilla. Continue to mix until light and creamy.
- Transfer to a large piping bag fitted with an extra large tip to frost cupcakes. (optional)
Love snickerdoodle dessert recipes?
Make sure to check out these recipes from other bloggers:
Snickerdoodle Sour Cream Coffee Cake from Who Needs A Cape?
Snickerdoodle Bars from Hostess at Heart
Gingerdoodle Cookies from An Affair from the Heart