S’mores Cookies – All of your favorite s’mores flavors combined into a cookie! Chocolate chip cookies loaded with mini marshmallows and graham cracker chunks.
It’s hard to resist making a s’more at a campfire during the summer! I’ll be the first to admit that I love a good s’more and when it’s not campfire season here in Michigan (which is unfortunately most of the year), I crave s’mores. To get by in the cold months, I make a batch of s’mores cookies! It has all of the same flavors… but in a cookie! Soft and gooey, these cookies are absolutely delicious!
Common Questions About Making S’mores Cookies
What are s’mores cookies?
S’mores cookies are simple chocolate chips cookies that also have mini marshmallows and chopped graham crackers in the dough.
What kind of graham crackers should I use?
I suggest using honey but chocolate graham crackers would be good too!
How many servings does this recipe make?
This recipe makes 18 cookies but it can easily be doubled if you want more.
How long do these cookies last?
These cookies last up to three days when stored in an airtight container at room temperature.
Can I use full sized marshmallows?
If you only have full size marshmallows on hand (rather than mini marshmallows), I suggest quartering them so that they are smaller. Please do not leave them full size, your cookies will not have structure and will be a puddle of marshmallow instead.
Ingredient Notes –
- Butter gives the cookies richness and structure. If using unsalted butter, make sure to add a pinch of salt in Step 1 to help balance out all of the sweetness in the cookies.
- Granulated sugar sweetens the cookies.
- Egg helps bind the cookies together so they aren’t too crumbly.
- Vanilla enhances the sweetness and flavor of the chocolate in the cookies.
- Flour gives the cookies structure and ensures that they don’t spread too much in the oven.
- Baking soda helps keep the cookies soft and chewy.
- I’m using chocolate chips, mini marshmallows, and chopped graham crackers to make these cookies s’mores flavored– but feel free to use any add-ins you like.
Looking for more cookie recipes? Check these out!
- 12 tablespoons butter (melted)
- 1 cup light brown sugar
- 1 large egg
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 3/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 cup chocolate chips
- 1/2 cup mini marshmallows
- 1/3 cup chopped graham crackers
- In a large bowl, whisk together the melted butter and granulated sugar. If using unsalted butter, add a pinch of kosher salt (about 1/2 teaspoon). Once combined, whisk in the egg and vanilla extract.
- Next, add the flour and baking soda. Stir until no large lumps of dry ingredients remaining.
- Add the chocolate chips, marshmallows, and graham crackers. Gently fold them into the cookie dough, making sure not to break up the graham cracker.
- Place the cookie dough in the fridge for 30 minutes to chill. Don't skip this step - otherwise the dough will be too soft and spread too much.
- While the cookie dough chills, preheat the oven to 375 degrees F.
- Once chilled, scoop 2-tablespoon sized cookies onto a parchment lined baking sheet, making sure to place them at least 2" apart.
- Bake the cookies for 12-15 minutes or until the edges are set and golden brown.
- Remove the cookies from the oven and tap the tray on the counter. This will help sink the centers so the cookies set. Allow the cookies to cool to room temperature on the tray.
- Store leftover cookies in an airtight container at room temperature for up to three days.
Never miss a Mildly Meandering recipe
Check out the web story for this recipe by clicking HERE.