Smoked Gouda Dip – A quick and easy dip recipe perfect for a party. Smoked gouda, cream cheese, spinach, and bacon baked together and served with baguette.
Smoked Gouda Dip
This smoked gouda dip is seriously the best. I am a huge fan of gooey, creamy cheeses and this dip is just that. It oozes melted gouda cheese that is the perfect level of creaminess and it’s so incredible.
Not only is this dip loaded with smoked gouda but also bacon, spinach, and cream cheese. The cream cheese adds to how creamy it is while the bacon and spinach enhance the flavor and add great additional textures. Topped with bacon and green onions, it’s perfect to serve for a party or for tailgating season.
This dip was inspired by an incredible pasta dish I had at a local restaurant. It was a smoked gouda pasta with spinach and bacon which was truly life changing when I had it. I was so blown away by the flavors and I knew immediately I needed to make it at home! The pasta recipe will happen soon but until then, here is the dip inspired by it!
My favorite way to serve this dip is with baguette but some other awesome options include garlic bread, crackers, bread sticks, etc. You really can’t go wrong with dipping a good grain in this dip!
Common questions about gouda
Does smoked gouda melt?
Yes, gouda melts very well and is great for things such as dips and fondue.
What is gouda cheese used for?
Some of the most popular things to use gouda cheese in include:
- Macaroni and cheese
- Grilled cheese
Can you bake gouda?
Yes, baking gouda works really well in a variety of dishes.
Can you eat the rind on smoked gouda?
Yes, the rind is edible on most gouda and it is personal preference whether or not you eat it.
What does smoked gouda taste like?
Smoked gouda has a slightly smoky flavor in addition to it’s creamy, buttery flavor.
Tips and tricks on these smoked gouda dip recipe
- This recipe can be made vegetarian by not using bacon in it.
- This dip reheats very well. In order to reheat it, place it in a pan over medium heat until the cheese melts again or microwave it.
Can’t get enough of this smoked gouda dip recipe? Try these other recipes!
- 7 oz smoked gouda, shredded
- 8 oz cream cheese, softened
- 1/4 cup fresh spinach, chopped
- 1/4 cup cooked bacon, chopped
- 1 teaspoon worchestershire sauce
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/4 teaspoon onion powder
- Bacon, chopped
- Green onions, thinly sliced
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- In a large mixing bowl, combine shredded gouda, cream cheese, spinach, bacon, worchestershire sauce, garlic powder, and onion powder. Mix until well combined.
- Transfer dip to a cast iron skillet or a pie dish. Place in oven and bake for 30 minutes or until the top of the dip starts to brown.
- Top with bacon and green onions (optional) and serve immediately with sliced baguette or crackers.